VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A:just wanted to wish (Sunny) a happy 400000 mile anniversary, clocked the big 40 last week, i was well chuffed i even took a photo, which i havent posted cos photobucket is to complex for simple folk like myself LOL:
I bought her just over 4 years ago for £900 squids off ebay and never looked back, gave her a coat of paint and a bit of lovin when i got her, and have used and sometimes abused ever since, but never let me down once, :D
so just wanted to say big up to the T4 we love ya, couldnt of done it in a transit just goes to show, You dont have to be posh to be privileged ;) ;)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2.4 5 cyl non turbo AAB engine, maybe not the fastest thing up hills but always gets us where we want to, she can still sit at 90 on the motorway, (just)!
takes all 6 of us with motorbikes or surfboards, we wouldnt be without her, Good times! A: A:

·
Registered
11 Posts
dude!A: well chuffed for ya.
we got a 2.4 none turbo last year so its good to know that we've got plenty of miles left!
whats the highest milage anyones seen on one of these engines?
ive heard 850,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
but i havnt seen more than 450,000!!!
heres to many more miles:ILU:

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
So that's a keeper then mate keep going till you hit 500.000A:
for hitting that give her a good clean and polish LOL:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your chuffedness campaman, pretty chuffed myself, A: dont know what the highest is i have heard of over 7's but not actually seen the clock, would be interesting to know,
mr t4 toad i gave her a new exhuast for 400000 so i think she may be expecting a little more for 500000, watch this space although it might be a few years til we find out,but i got faith! ;) ;)

·
Premium Member
6,095 Posts
Nice one Batman, the yellow peril keeps on vanning. Catch up soon mate. T:

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
When I got my t4 caravelle a couple of years ago
there was a t4 van that had been traded in with 465k on it
the owner has said the only reason he was trading it was he had picked up some euopean work and could not get breakdown cover on the old one

I recon with prompt service intervals they could go 1,000,000 miles :eek:

I met a taxi driver a while ago with a 2.5 merc oil burner and he said 500,000 easy

Said he had 3 that had gone that far without any problems

and as we know that VW's are far better than the mercs A:Rasp:

Andy

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dude! The reward is she aint let me down so far, and i am optimistic for the future, unless i win the lottery and buy a T5...........:cool:

Just Kidding LOL: LOL:

·
Registered
121 Posts
and the people work with mock me for having one with 160,000 on! seems like its still a toddler! lol

is good to know that with care and affection they can last forever! unlike the tra*sits me work ones on its second engine and countless other engine work total milage to date 68,000 an also only 4 yrs old!

Cheers Ben :ILU::ILU:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
and the people work with mock me for having one with 160,000 on! seems like its still a toddler! lol

is good to know that with care and affection they can last forever! unlike the tra*sits me work ones on its second engine and countless other engine work total milage to date 68,000 an also only 4 yrs old!

Cheers Ben :ILU::ILU:
Mate, I hope you are driving yours steady while its still being run in, Reckon you got another 10 Tra*sit lifetimes to go yet, no worries, LOL: T: ;)

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
I've read an article in which the owner had 750k trouble free motoring in his 2.4d caravelle, I worked out that with the mileage that I do if mine does that it'll last till I'm 90!!!!!!!:eek: (mines petrol so if it hits the 1/2million I'll be happy)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've read an article in which the owner had 750k trouble free motoring in his 2.4d caravelle, I worked out that with the mileage that I do if mine does that it'll last till I'm 90!!!!!!!:eek: (mines petrol so if it hits the 1/2million I'll be happy)
Yeh Reckon the engine may last til i'm 90 but defo not the arches LOL: LOL:

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
I'm on about 430,000 now :) 2.5 102bhp. On the original engine, new box though. Still going strong :)

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
I have done 76k in mine now:eek: Thought that was a lot, brought a polo to take some miles off my old girl!

400,000 miles that awesome. I will never ever sell my van! bring out the waxoil

1 - 20 of 25 Posts