VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the above worth doing? Money and also wanted to ensure still get a nice ride is main reason

Nick

·
Registered
374 Posts
Was thinking 40mm and 17's myself. Wanna keep a good ride, low road noise, replacement tyre prices down and whilst still having a funky lookin van!

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Looks sweet dude, I'm also thinking of dropping 40mmm and fitting 17's, I think it's just been confirmed :)

Don't mean to hijack the thread but does anyone know if the light/medium weight T4 R Us springs are beefy enough for a surf/day van conversion?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ive just bought the 40mm ones from T4SRUS and i hope so, Im sticking them on the van on Thursday night so will let ya know how its goes. Read a lot of posts on here about springs and everyone seem to rate them so cant be to bad

Nick

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lowered the Van last night and cannot believe how easy it was and ride is brilliant with the T4SRUS springs, Just awaiting me Wheels now

Just want to thank everyone who has helped me with this anyway

·
Registered
22 Posts
who can hellp me iv lowerd my van bi 60mm with 18inc rims but with a bit of wate on bord it botoms out and i dont meen from my belly so i wont to go dawn the 40mm route who can reccomend the best ones wich will stand a bit off wate thanksA:

·
Registered
734 Posts
Sorry to muscle in guys... I'm running 235/45/17s and would also like to drop 40mm. Jimmy, what ET are your wheels? Mine are ET35 and was concerned I may get some rubbing if the springs were compressed enough as I don't recon they'll go up inside the arch anymore...

·
Somebody stop me!
11,941 Posts
who can hellp me iv lowerd my van bi 60mm with 18inc rims but with a bit of wate on bord it botoms out and i dont meen from my belly so i wont to go dawn the 40mm route who can reccomend the best ones wich will stand a bit off wate thanksA:
T4srus ones have always been fine on mine and its never bottomed out. There are heavy weight springs available, have a look on the links section and see whats listed. They are all tried, tested and recommended parts suppliers so you cant go too far wrong T:

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Sorry to muscle in guys... I'm running 235/45/17s and would also like to drop 40mm. Jimmy, what ET are your wheels? Mine are ET35 and was concerned I may get some rubbing if the springs were compressed enough as I don't recon they'll go up inside the arch anymore...
All depends on what springs and shocks you have.. Ive got 235/45/18 on ET42 and a 40mm drop with no problem.. but i also have Bilstein B6s and HR springs so you need to take into consideration what springs or shocks you will use. You can prolly use stock shocks if they aren't too old and just get some decent springs to start with.. then go from there

1 - 18 of 18 Posts