VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello people im new to this site and if you all dont mind i have a question 4 u all, recently bought a t5 which we are in the process of getting converted along with a riemo roof ready to lower van spoke to guy who is doing work and he has putted me off about putting 50 mm springs on telling me that there would be a lot more expense and that it would drive like a nail after having the extra weight that the conversion will add ,he has reccomended 40mm springs ,i want the van to drive nice but thinking that im probably gonna put 18" rims on will the van be low enough to fill those big old arches!!!!:confused::confused:

·
Registered
728 Posts
welcome mate sorry i cant answer the question as i am a t4 boy but sure a t5 er will point you in the right direction and try using the search function to help you out T:

·
Premium Member
3,776 Posts
i have 55mm which were ok until i put the conversion in and with the extra weight its now way too low, so i'm after some 40mm springs too.

Before Conversion

After Conversion

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
if you are going for a full on conversion with pop top you won't go wrong with the KW set up or Weitech HD set up. 40mm drop and still very usable, safe and decent ride T:

Just re read the original post T5's are not the same as the T4's but 30mm KW springs are highly recomended and if your pockets are deep enough
the fully adjustable coil over set up 35mm -65mm drop with damper and rebound adjustment in stainless.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
if you are going for a full on conversion with pop top you won't go wrong with the KW set up or Weitech HD set up. 40mm drop and still very usable, safe and decent ride T:

Just re read the original post T5's are not the same as the T4's but 30mm KW springs are highly recomended and if your pockets are deep enough
the fully adjustable coil over set up 35mm -65mm drop with damper and rebound adjustment in stainless.
pockets aint deep enough ! went and got the van lowered today by 40 mm huge difference alredy ,decided on 19"s though to follow shortly!! cheers for feedbackT:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hello mate i believe they were jamex springs got it done in truro (cornwall) they are a small buisiness called truro tyres supply and fit £350.00

1 - 13 of 13 Posts