VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, ive got a deal with VW at the minute and can source the pairs of gears needed for the upgrade in various ratios dependant on what you want.
prices are for at least 5 being bought at a time.
£165 inc VAT per set another £for postal delivery and talk to me about fitting.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi whats involved in fitting can it be done in place or has the box got to come out? how much difference does it make? i have a 2.4d but ive got a 1.9 d box in itsorry for all the questions jaymes:D

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
Stiener, I would be after a more economical cruising speed for euro trips etc, as an estimate what sort of difference would it make to a 102 2.5tdi ?

( I get roughly 35-40mpg on a run at the moment depending on the load, driving at about 70-75mph)

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
same engine but diffrent gearbox , the 102bhp model came with a gearbox from another manufacter where as the 88bhp came with a vw gearbox .

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
not sure what box they use maybe iveco or something , never realy looked into it but i no they use diffrent gearbox's .

if you look on the end of the gearbox casing on a vw box it will have a black cover the 102 is a sealed unit .

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
Would this work on my 1.9TD 2001 special as at the moment if I go up the motor way it seems to be around the 4K mark on the rev counter when im hitting about 70 MPH when I get near 75 its getting near the 5K mark....

If these will go in mine then I would be very intrested.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Would this work on my 1.9TD 2001 special as at the moment if I go up the motor way it seems to be around the 4K mark on the rev counter when im hitting about 70 MPH when I get near 75 its getting near the 5K mark....

If these will go in mine then I would be very intrested.
75 at 5000 RPM??
that does not sound right on a 1.9TD unless you've somehow got a 1.9D box in it??
ut yes it would most definately work on your van and sounds like you really need it LOL

·
Registered
288 Posts
I would be interested :)
Have the 888 Special X and at 70 I am doing just over 2750 revs and would like to change that as MPG is not great averaging 32-35 :eek:

Cheers, Jon

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I would be interested :)
Have the 888 Special X and at 70 I am doing just over 2750 revs and would like to change that as MPG is not great averaging 32-35 :eek:

Cheers, Jon
thats good for 70 mate what engine?

I think weve got 5 people at least for the bulk buy, can everyone PM a DEFINATE yes to wanting a set so I can get on it cheers folks

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
How complex is this to fit is it something you can do on the drive with the van on axel stands?

Is there going to be a howto with it?

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
aggiest4 already did a hows to mate. do a search and there is a very good pictoral and blow by blow on the conversion.T:

1 - 20 of 118 Posts