VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone using this grade of oil . my local garage is saying its what is recommended for my 2.5 ajt t 4 . i thought it was 5w/40 ?

·
Registered
147 Posts
normally it is a 10w40, i use a 5w40 fully syth from vw, very good price and does the job, it's called quantum platinum. it's the very same stuff as castrol edge, but at a sensible price :D.
i really do not think there is a advantage going to a 5w/30, and the engine in the t4 is not a modern design to be able to use this viscosity.i would not thought it would be a problem to use .... but why risk it.

·
Registered
817 Posts
You can run 10-40 but I would go with 5-40 as that is what I run them on. You can use 5-30 but this is more for long life servicing.

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
anyone using this grade of oil . my local garage is saying its what is recommended for my 2.5 ajt t 4 . i thought it was 5w/40 ?
Be worried if a garage tell you this seems there reading from the comma spec book which is confusing 10w/40w is good enough as said above genuine vw oil is castrol but cheaper to buy from TPS quantum platinum *<:)> and you will need to buy 6 ltrs *<:)>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts