VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi

This is my first thread so dont be shocked if the link's not working I:

I dont have a van, not old enough hsy: But im learning to drive in the new year and my dad has one T:
so i will be in it as soon as i can (if he will let me) I:

Now then i was ebaying and found this (hope it works)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Seat-Alha...5760836?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item4ab1836f44

and it got me thinking (not a good idea) a six speed 1.9 TDi :cool:
i found that MK2 ford galaxys have the same engine as the Sharan and Alhambra and has a 6 speed box.

as my dad says anything is possible if you throw enough time and money at it... so is it possible at a realistic price???? :*:*

(N.B Edited by Dad)

·
Registered
765 Posts
Interesting concept! I agree with the anything is possible attitude but it is questionable why bother?
If a 1.9 is struggling with the top end which a 6 speed would prob help with, then u prob need a 2.5.
I have heard also the easiest thing to do is to change the 5th gear to give better crusing ratios, but someone on here will know more about that than me!
Good attitude though even before u have a vehicleT:

·
Somebody stop me!
11,968 Posts
Anythings possible but if your dad has the 1.9td (vw never made a T4 as a 1.9 tdi) its not really worth it because the engine is so limited. If he has converted the van to a 1.9tdi like 40+ members on here have done it would be worth it but i haven't a clue how much work would be involved.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interesting concept! I agree with the anything is possible attitude but it is questionable why bother?
If a 1.9 is struggling with the top end which a 6 speed would prob help with, then u prob need a 2.5.
I have heard also the easiest thing to do is to change the 5th gear to give better crusing ratios, but someone on here will know more about that than me!
Good attitude though even before u have a vehicleT:
I saw it and thought people are converting to TDi power and people want 6 speed boxes, why not mix the two :D

What i realy ant is a Project Power 2.5TDi :cool: But anything VW will do for me :ILU:

·
Somebody stop me!
11,968 Posts
I saw it and thought people are converting to TDi power and people want 6 speed boxes, why not mix the two :D
Makes perfect sense, the 1.9tdi engine has more than enough power to make it work. Is your dads T4 converted to tdi then bud T:T:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Makes perfect sense, the 1.9tdi engine has more than enough power to make it work. Is your dads T4 converted to tdi then bud T:T:
Yeah dad has been converted :D makes so much difference! And he was the first convert to come out of VW connections Rasp:

·
Registered
457 Posts
Can't imagine there is much difference in weight between a T4 and a Sharan/Galaxy/Seat so with a little tuning it would be a perfect blend. Not sure on how easy it would be compared to the normal older TDI in there sure there was some mention of the turbo setup not fitting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts