VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as above i have just fitted some -40mm springs so i have for sale 2 -60mm rear springs and 4 shortened shocks,i bought these from supplier in holland,i lowered the front but never fitted the front shocks

i fitted the rears and have done 2500 miles with them fitted over the last 6 months -sits low and handles well but i tow a heavy trailer with a fully loaded van and feel they were just too low,tyres never scraped arches but towbar was catching speed bumps etc,i feel these would be more suited for someone with an empty van as a full camper conversion may be too low/heavy

i paid £179 plus post, was looking for £85 plus post or i could bring to bug jam,thanks

so thats 2 unused front shocks
2 used rear shocks
2 used rear springs

·
Registered
639 Posts
Hi, Any idea on the make of the rear springs ? I may be interested in these but i use my van for (light/medium) building work. I might have to carry the same weight as a pallett of bricks from time to time but not that offen.

Would you say the springs give a firmer ride ? Would you know if the springs are heavy duty ?

Sorry for all the questions but i was after a set of -60mm H&R's as these seem to have great reviews but not up for sale much.....................:(

Si

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, Any idea on the make of the rear springs ? I may be interested in these but i use my van for (light/medium) building work. I might have to carry the same weight as a pallett of bricks from time to time but not that offen.

Would you say the springs give a firmer ride ? Would you know if the springs are heavy duty ?

Sorry for all the questions but i was after a set of -60mm H&R's as these seem to have great reviews but not up for sale much.....................:(

Si
hi si there are 3 in the que before you i am afraid,i think you will struggle to get most springs that would accept a pallet of bricks in the rear, h&r's would be the best for your use but very rarely come up 2nd hand, the motto is buy cheap buy twice when it comes to springs,cheers T:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts