VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im working through the conversion of a Caravelle Taxi into a camper. Thought i was nearly there then took 'Its' (daughter named it) for an MOT. Bit of a reality check. Showed how little i actually knew!

http://y2u.be/2vtZIkv1Rfg

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
great video bud T: thinking about H&R anti roll bars on mine in the future so may have to pick your brain about threading techniques at some point :)
went to service mine on friday started with a fluid check only to realise the water was low and under pressure [cold] and the dip stick pops out when it runs ! so think the head gasket has gone :D why do we do it ? must be a Volkswagen thing :D

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
great video bud T: thinking about H&R anti roll bars on mine in the future so may have to pick your brain about threading techniques at some point :)

went to service mine on friday started with a fluid check only to realise the water was low and under pressure [cold] and the dip stick pops out when it runs ! so think the head gasket has gone :D why do we do it ? must be a Volkswagen thing :D

Oh no! I thought I had similar. Loss of fluid and smokey till engine warmed. Turned out to be 2 x split hoses. One on the turbo and one on the cooling. Phew ! As for feeding in the anti roll, get the bus as high as possible. I ended up separating the n/s drop link, exhaust and having to twist the roll bar as I fed it in.
The actual clamping in to place was pretty easy in comparison. I just used 2 x jacks to raise swing arm and push bar up for last bit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts