1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is anybody running 8.5j on the front?
if so, what offset are you running?
and what size tyres?
i want a little bit of stretch but still want a 91-92 load rating on the tyresT:

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks mate...those rims look uber coolT:
i really want a little stretch on the front:cool:
i think 215 45 18s may give one...but would that be to much side wall i wonder...
im gonna run 225 40 18 on a 10j rear so should get stretch there...but dont want it to look like i have more side wall on the fronts:*
how very frustrating:confused:
can anybody shed some lightT:

·
Its about time I showed up
11,653 Posts
thanks mate...those rims look uber coolT:
i really want a little stretch on the front:cool:
i think 215 45 18s may give one...but would that be to much side wall i wonder...
im gonna run 225 40 18 on a 10j rear so should get stretch there...but dont want it to look like i have more side wall on the fronts:*
how very frustrating:confused:
can anybody shed some lightT:
There's no SHOULD about it mate.. 225 40 on a 10j will be as much stretch as your gonna get :eek:

As for stretch on the front i would stay clear, just stick with 225 40's all round and you'll be uncomfortable but fine ;)

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
do you think it will be more uncomfortable/bouncy with stretch on the front? its pretty bouncy at the mo on 19s with 235 35 19sJ:

·
Formerly known as boscombesurfer
1,315 Posts
Thats odd I run a 225/40 on 8.5j fronts on a set I have on sometimes, and theres a little bit of there, enough to even up the look with the rear, just looked through pics and no close up of the front though just a down the side from the rear, will look again

·
11,653 Posts
do you think it will be more uncomfortable/bouncy with stretch on the front? its pretty bouncy at the mo on 19s with 235 35 19sJ:
I used to run 19's with 235 35 19 front :eek:

A 225 40 18 is gonna be around the same buddy and as said you will get a little stretch on a 8.5j rim.. Honestly on the rims youve got a 225 40 is your best bet for load rate etc but there aint allot of rubber between you and the road ;)

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I used to run 19's with 235 35 19 front :eek:

A 225 40 18 is gonna be around the same buddy and as said you will get a little stretch on a 8.5j rim.. Honestly on the rims youve got a 225 40 is your best bet for load rate etc but there aint allot of rubber between you and the road ;)
right this time im gonna take the adviceT:
i always start digging and come up with different ideas! just need to get some rubber now!
cheers for the advice guysT:

·
11,653 Posts
The man you need is Colse but he's not online..
Pm him if you have any doubts.. Nice chap and he knows his wheels and tyres better than most :ILU:

They will look slick mate so get some pics up T:

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The man you need is Colse but he's not online..
Pm him if you have any doubts.. Nice chap and he knows his wheels and tyres better than most :ILU:

They will look slick mate so get some pics up T:
yeah colese is very helpful...i have had advice off him before on here
i can just never make my mind up....ive bought 3 sets of rims in 3 weeks:eek: but these are for keeps....porsche cup 3 turbo's in black with silver rim:cool:
ill get some pics up tomorrow...just waiting for the mrs to get home from work...shes got them in her car:( and i havent even seen them in the flesh...very excitedH:H:

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah great meeting you guys todayT: I went down but the guy was busy...so I spoke to a women and she said try ebay:*
That's cool tho, I'm gonna order some tomorrow....before my van swallows the last of my pennies!:D need to get these rims on! T:

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Colese......have you ever run 10j? What offset am aiming for, for the least amount of problems?
Also I have some other wheels, which im not exactly sure on the pcd....is there a way of measuring to find out?T:
One more thing:D is 0 offset dead centre of the rim? Cheers mate:ILU:

·
sc vw customs 1.9tdi convert
17,028 Posts
Colese......have you ever run 10j? What offset am aiming for, for the least amount of problems?
Also I have some other wheels, which im not exactly sure on the pcd....is there a way of measuring to find out?T:
One more thing:D is 0 offset dead centre of the rim? Cheers mate:ILU:
on a 10j rim mate you are looking for et35 these would fit ok with a 225/40/18 but a slider door runner spacing will be needed 100%

any lower et than that and you will struggle..wheel will go on and tyre will still tuck with that size fitted,but your slider will have to be spaced further out..

you are defo getting into the zwo slider wedge teritory,which is not cheap..

as for the other set,yes you can measure the pcd,i have a tool which will read it..have a search on the net and you will find info on reading it..

ine other thing,if you have wheels that have a et0 i want to see them..T:..what are they...depending on the wheel width etc,you may struggle fitting them..:D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello,
On the front I have Projekt Zwo 8.5x18 with 245/40r18 ( £180 each) on the front and 10x18 275/35r18 ( £200 each) on the back. you might already know this - I had a long talk with a guy at a local tyre garage about rims and he said it was ok to put car tyre's on it but must have commercial rims,he was nervous about the guys running around with Audi rims .
Only problem with these is the cats eyes - I feel every one when changing lanes on the motorway. very small price to pay for something that sticks to the road like glue.
All the best .
Regards
Robin

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
on a 10j rim mate you are looking for et35 these would fit ok with a 225/40/18 but a slider door runner spacing will be needed 100%

any lower et than that and you will struggle..wheel will go on and tyre will still tuck with that size fitted,but your slider will have to be spaced further out..

you are defo getting into the zwo slider wedge teritory,which is not cheap..

as for the other set,yes you can measure the pcd,i have a tool which will read it..have a search on the net and you will find info on reading it..

ine other thing,if you have wheels that have a et0 i want to see them..T:..what are they...depending on the wheel width etc,you may struggle fitting them..:D
nah i dont have any with 0 offset...just want a guide for measuring offset really...some wheels i came across not long ago didnt have e.t. stamped in them...so was just looking for a way of measuring themT:

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hello,
On the front I have Projekt Zwo 8.5x18 with 245/40r18 ( £180 each) on the front and 10x18 275/35r18 ( £200 each) on the back. you might already know this - I had a long talk with a guy at a local tyre garage about rims and he said it was ok to put car tyre's on it but must have commercial rims,he was nervous about the guys running around with Audi rims .
Only problem with these is the cats eyes - I feel every one when changing lanes on the motorway. very small price to pay for something that sticks to the road like glue.
All the best .
Regards
Robin
thanks for the input mateT:

10,824 Posts
Hello,
All the best .
Regards
Robin
Can't see how he comes by that! the kerb weight of an Audi A8 is 1800kg most T4s unladen are less than that yet he reckon it's unsafe to use the wheels but the tyres are fine :confused:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts