VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
is that if you drove at 50mph for 820 miles without stopping and going up hills? I:

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes that is correct along the from kent along the m20 and m25 at 70 and down the m3 at 50 I must of done 40 miles all ready
I am going to holland soon I will see how far i get

·
Registered
867 Posts
Yes that is correct along the from kent along the m20 and m25 at 70 and down the m3 at 50 I must of done 40 miles all ready
I am going to holland soon I will see how far i get
627 miles probably but good luck with the trip :)

·
Registered
216 Posts
But that's a theoretical calculation from the onboard trip computor not actual mpg, you will need to keep driving at 50mph without stopping and restarting to have any hope of achieving that!

Every time I fill up my van tells me I can go 650-680 miles but a mixture of cold starts and mixed driving means I will be filling up when the warning light comes on having done around 550-580 miles. If I kept driving till the tank was empty I might get 650.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes I know the theory is correct but it is still impressive to get 49.1 mpg
And have 820 mile left in the tank
In theory when I travel down to the south of France I should be able to get at least 43 to 40 mpg
Which is good for an aerodynamic brick

·
Registered
216 Posts
Indeed, I'm quite pleased with getting an all round average in the high 30's considering the weight and aerodynamics, as you say on a long run that figure can be improved on.
Good luck with the trip.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts