VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the 800 special was only available with a tailgate or did they do them with barn doors too?
I'm looking at buying one with barn doors and having checked the reg with online data it shows up as the special but I haven't seen any others barn door versions with the badge on. The one I'm looking at is badgeless and I'd quite like it back on but not if it's not supposed to be cos I'll look like a dick among the t4 community!

Cheers
Shaun
:*

·
Registered
9,434 Posts
Pretty sure tailgate only on the 800 special. The main reason for barn doors is to allow forklift access with pallets. Most commercial palletised goods such as building material tend to be in tonne pallet lots or near to anyway. Which would need a van of 1000 or more likely 1200 kg capacity. Check the plate on the van you are buying.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for replying bigcat, I paid £10 for an all seeing all dancing data check which says it's the 800 special but have just done a £3 check via text ( I'm sure you've seen the tv add ) which says it's the 1000 edition??? Confused
Oh well, seeing it tomorrow so I'll enquire...

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I used that same company lasy year for a vauxhall vectra:eek: didn't do text done it on internet, never paid the extra for mileage check but it shown up anyway car was advertised as 67000 miles on the check it said 2008 recorded as 177000 miles, best fiver ever spent saved me a fortuneT:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts