VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Not much done on the van, i fixed the wing mirror, i say fixed. I mean replaced.

I installed the headed seat switches even though the seats aren't wired yet :)

I bought some more bits and bobs, mainly some chrome mirror covers, the plan being to spray these red, and just use them as painted covers, just a bit of an experiment really, it should make touch ups much easier as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
hey man, nice van. ive got an 888 special as well. do they all come with reversing sensors? i only found out mine had cruise control a few months after i got him while pressing buttons trying to figure out what it was for. dont tell me its got a parking sensor i didnt know about as well :*

·
Premium Member
8,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
hey man, nice van. ive got an 888 special as well. do they all come with reversing sensors? i only found out mine had cruise control a few months after i got him while pressing buttons trying to figure out what it was for. dont tell me its got a parking sensor i didnt know about as well :*
I think they are aftermaket, or at least a dealership option.

·
Premium Member
8,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
After a busy fear of using the van just as a panel van, and now with a growing family. It's to press on with the van, so first step was to fit the side windows.

Nothing very original here, apart form i got a air nibbler, fun little tool.

It's always a great feeling doing some work on your wagon, so without further ado:

·
Premium Member
8,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
It had a fantastic advantage on the drivers side because I could stick the window and bond the two skins in one application, so no need to wait hours for the skins to bond before.

As soon as you tighten up those ratchet straps it all compresses together in one go. I did to a fair bit of dressing of the out skin so that it was a flat surface beforehand though, makes me wish i could do the sliding door again.

·
Premium Member
8,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Finally took the original ply lining out the van, and was very pleased to find no rust, just a tonne of soil!

The only rust I had was on the loading areas, on both the rear and sliding door, when i removed the rubber of the sliding door a couple more rgremlins, so i grinded, filled, primed, sanded painted etc, and it's looking real pretty now.

I have all my insulation ready to go, vinyl, carpet, Smart bed, so let's push thing forward.

41 - 60 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.