VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there!

Newbies here. At the moment we are converting our very first 1996 Volkswagen T4 1.9 D into a camper!
But now we have a question.

The Van we bought has already got 2 good seats in it. Only they are not cockpit seats, and ofcourse we prefer armrests! :p
When we feel on the side of the seats, it feels like there is a spot for placing armrests in.
Are all seat frames from '96 equipped with armrest options? And is it possible to convert te seats to cockpitseats?

If anybody has experience with making armrest in basic seats, please let us know if it is possible and how you did it!
We don't want to ruin our good seats! :D

Thanks!

Gidi

·
Registered
249 Posts
Anything is possible! I have just fitted armrests (taken from a tractor seat!) to a pair of leather seats from a Merc C Class. And fitted them to swivels in my T5. OK, so it was a fair bit of fabrication and you wouldn't be able to pay a man to do it lol, but as I said. Anything is possible. I know you can buy armrest kits for T5 seats so would imagine the same exists for T4 as well.

·
Full of Cr*p....
10,178 Posts
AFAIK, the "Captains" chairs have an extra metal bracket inside to re-enforce the seat for the arm-rests.
There are threads on this.....I suggest you do some research about it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts