VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
T4 1998 1.9 1000td -Whats it worth????

Just testing the water, not really sure what our van is worth???

Bought as a panel van last year and the following has been done:

Windows fitted by Will at tidytransporters
Lowered 55mm
Single seats up front
Insulated and plylined
Carpet - mega van mats
roof lining done
two rows of bongo seats fitted, folds flat into a bed and also extra 5 seats for passengers. On full length rails.
Three point seat belts fitted in rear.
Regular servicing, cam belt etc about 6 months ago.
I have one piece floor to fit and also a carpet, that would go with the van.

Would come with a fresh MOT and 6 months tax.
Mileage is currently 215k driven daily so would go up.

Some minor dents etc, but nothing major.

Before lowered and now running on steels!!!

What do you think we could ask???

Thanks

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Proberly what ever you paid plus a bit on top for the extra's you have added, Just my opinion but I'd say £1500-£2000 ?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Proberly what ever you paid plus a bit on top for the extra's you have added, Just my opinion but I'd say £1500-£2000 ?
good answer! i think if we get a van for a fair price and then spend a bit on extras,and ask for a fair price once we have used it then it would still sell more easily im always amazed when people tell you what they paid for it and then spend some money on extras and then try to make a killing and their van doesent sell!!!!

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just looking for a honest opinon on its current value ! Thanks for your input . . . thought it might be worth more??

Guess I might wait until summer then!

·
MASTER OF REPAIRS
295 Posts
Sometimes i think people should go and have a look at a van for sale as there has been a lot of time and effort put into them, this means a lot of time and effort saved for the buyer therefore worth the extra.

As for this van i have seen it and seen the work gone into it and is worth over £2000 if that is the price range someone has, if not then it will be a builders van needing lots spent on it and in the long run costing more like i did to mine.

·
Registered
891 Posts
The LEZ hasnt helped - theres a lot of significantly lower mileage vans flooding the market at the moment. Sorry.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts