VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys and galls,

Can someone please tell me if I have a throttle potentiometer on my engine either on the pedal or inline or on the housing i have a throttle cable linkage (but you never know:*)? My Engine is AES

Problem the gearbox is jumping like CONFUSED FROG atm harsh at times other times under load dropping down then straight back up, not dropping down when stationary.

I have had ATF changed and confirmed it the correct oil.

I fear that the box is failing and needs a recon, but first things first.

theres one code Torque Lock intermittent nothing else.

Would any other box fit Generic to this engine, (thinking golf equiv)
Anyone used a firm in Shropshire that does good work.
What questions do i need to ask the firm?

suggestions and options please folks.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Hi Admag
Sorry cant help but surely there's someone out there that can. Running a 2.5 auto myself and always interested in tips for keeping box in good order....
You might also get the standard answer......try the search option, which is usually good advice as there is plenty info in here.
Any a lucky bump to see of anyone can help youT:

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Yeah you will have a throttle pot (or Throttle Position Sensor as they're sometimes called) on a '99 VR6, they're fitted to almost all petrol injection engines.

Golf gearbox wont fit out the box, the T4 box has a long housing coming off the diff that goes towards the drivers side wheel, the golf one doesnt. It may be possible to swap the T4 specific parts over to the golf box, but I dont know for sure, maybe post a thread asking 'can I convert a golf gearbox to fit a t4'.

Dont know if there are other boxes that would fit, possibly a Sharan box?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys, T:

Anyone know who has an ETKA on here ? they could give me an idea so i could take a look, first before shelling out 1.5k on the box

1 - 7 of 7 Posts