Premium Member
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Current state of affairs:

Exterior
* Angel eyes Link
* Fit LED's in the angel eyes
* Black rear lights, with LED lights for brakes and rear lights. Link
* Alloys (Wolfrace 18", 245/45/18) Link. This also needed a slight modification of the front arches.
* Webasto Hollandia Vermeulen Onyx 860 sunroof fitted in the front Link 1 Link 2
* Audi S8 solar sunroof fitted in the back Link
* Bodyshop work (dents, scratches, rust).
* sidebars fitted Link
* b- and c-pillar have been painted black. Link
* Lowered front 40mm, rear 45mm with Eibach Pro springs and Bilstein B6 shocks Link
* Color coded wing mirrors fit. Link
* US indicators fit in the front. Link
* roof painted black. Link
* bonnet strut conversion fit. Link
* syncro exhaust with twin oval pipes fit Link
* syncro sparewheel holder retrofit. Link 1 Link 2
* Skid pan / Engine guard fit (2mm steel pan). Link
* All Terrain Tyres fit. Link

Interiour
* Replaced front interior light with one, that has a seperate reading lamp and a sunroof button.
* Steering wheel replaced with one from a VR6 Multivan. Link
* Double-DIN bottom dash compartment fit. Link
* hazard switch moved to normal button. (hazard switch delete). Link
* voltmeter gauge installed. Link
* boost gauge installed. Link
* changed instruments from continental (km/h only) to UK style (km/h and mph) Link
* Multivan 2 rails retro-fit in the center Link
* Replaced center bench with MV2 captains chairs in leather (Highline) Link
* Multivan 2 table retrofit. Link
* 19" tft for the rear fitted (fold-down jobbie on the roof behind the front seats) Link
* front seats replaced with E34 M5 fully electric leather recaros with seat heating Link
* swivel plates in the front have been fit. Link
* double-DIN radio installation
* Variotech rear bench and rails have been fitted Link
* Multivan 2 air vent for stationary heater and rear heat exchanger fitted. Link 1 Link 2 Link 3

Mechanical and Electrical
* Sliding door "fell out", when you opened it. A new roller has been fit, works like new now.
* Amp and some of the speakers fit
* Electrics all in order again
* Cruise control retrofit.
* aux-heater retrofit (front, D3WZ) Link
* aux-heater retrofit (rear, D3LC) Link
* gps tracker installed
* comfort indicator retrofit. Link
* 2nd (leasure) battery option retro-fit Link
* 220V inverter/tricklecharger fit
* AXG injectors fit
* industrial intercooler upgrade. Link
* syncro conversion
* chipped to 140 bhp / 240 ft-lb (320 Nm). Link

Administrative
* Import (to ROI)

Things that need to be done
* central locking for sliding door does not work.
* Fit the remainder of the stereo
** replace speakers in the sides in the back and in the front doors
* build box for cooker, fridge and leasure batteries in the boot.
* fit a compressor fridge (have my eyes on a Waeco Coolfun CD-30)
* upgrade of front aux heater to D5WS with fresh air ventilation feature
* US sidelights with indicator function to be fit.
* reclassification to campervan
* custom headliner for rear sunroof, Audi S8 interior light with controls, tft screen and led strips.
* custom cover for front sunroof, to hold interior light and sunroof button.
* fit alarm and proximity sensors
* fit train horns
* change suspension to offroad suspension (Bilstein B46 and 16" chassis)
* fit bull-bar
* fit winch
* fit upgraded loom for front lights
* fit HID bulbs in high-beam and fog-lights
* find a rear diff with diff-lock

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

And yes, it's left-hand drive, but who cares when you're higher than most other cars :)

Velles rule and yours looks like a really well spec'd one too. Good effort :ILU:
Well, it's a 9-seater, has aircon front + back, 102 bhp TDI engine and a few other nignag's. Tint on the rear windows is applied later, but is done very well.

The one thing i missed in the list above is a captains-chair for the driver seat. I really miss those arm-rests.

/M

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The new lights for front and back have finally arrived. Angel eyes for the front, black rear lights with LED's for the back.

I've also replaced the radio, ordered the split charger kit for the 2nd battery, ordered a new roller kit for the sliding door (it's bust, one of the wheels is gone), organised a 65 Ah deep cycle battery and a 2500W inverter. Logo's have also been fitted and the import to irish reg is done. Will post pictures again, once the lights are fitted.

/M

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got the lights fitted today. Looks brill.

Van needs a clean though. Downside of a white van is, that it gets dirty fast.

/M

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
when you have finished washing the van you could weed the driveway I:
Well, better to spend the time on the van than on the drive :) ... No seriously, with the amount of rain we've gotten recently, it's been impossible to get 2-3 dry days to give the drive a portion round-up. :(

·
Registered
416 Posts
Looking great Marlow T:, I just love those angel eyes. Where did you rise them?
Wonder can you get them for a short nose??

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looking great Marlow T:, I just love those angel eyes. Where did you rise them?
Wonder can you get them for a short nose??
Ebay Germany. I understand german, so it's a lot easier to find stuff there for me.

The only "special" lights, that I found for short nose T4's are sort of like Audi type LED's under the lights: http://cgi.ebay.de/DAY-LINE-SCHEINW...ash=item20ad107190&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262

Don't think the Angel eyes are easy to find for short nose ones.

/M

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've got the stereo fit today. Well, we ran in a few problems, so it's partially fit, but it's a huge improvement already.

Dash speakers have been replaced with a set Alpine 4" Speakers.

2 x 6" Boston Rally RX67 have been fit in the backdoor. The grills didn't fit, that I had, but In-Car Technology, who did the cabling etc. is trying to source another one for me.

The amp for the Sub has been fitted under the passenger front bench.

And the sub can either sit behind the front-seats, but the cable is also long enough, so i can move it to the boot. It consists of 4 x 8" Boston Pro Bass units. I've got a switch on the dash, so that I can switch the amp for sub off, if I want to.

The problems we ran into were, that the doors are not deep enough for my Boston RC620's, so I've got to get a mold made up, to fit them in the doors. Also, we couldn't find speakers to replace the ones in the rear of the Caravelle, as they have some odd size. I guess a bit of looking around will help to find some.

/M

·
Registered
813 Posts
i fitted 6x9 in my tailgate but higher up so they sit above parcel shelf otherwise they will get muffled??

had to remove some material and add a plate to fit them but more than enough room but had to brace it up a bit

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm not too concerned about them getting muffled, because there will be a total of 8 speakers for mid/high tones in the van.

I'd say they get muffled anyhow, when i load the boot up, no matter where i place them :) .. Still, it's better than nothing :p

/M

·
Registered
192 Posts
blue-bird are now agents for rainbow and do a good speaker for the awkward sized caravelle rear that you speak of:ILU:

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
blue-bird are now agents for rainbow and do a good speaker for the awkward sized caravelle rear that you speak of:ILU:
Have you any specific model-number ? I couldn't find it of hand in the list of speakers at Rainbow.

/M

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My alloys arrived:

But then it turned out, that they were ordered wrong. Looks like a PCD of 100x5 instead of 112x5, so I'm shipping them back on monday and have to wait a few more days for the replacement.

The upside of the story is, that I came across a complete leather interiour from a crashed Highline Multivan II. All the covers, table, dash etc. from that are on route now and the next time I'm on the continent, I'm going to pick up the front, center seats and floor.

/M

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Ok,

a bit more progress was made. The stereo was replaced with a Kenwood KDC-BT8044U.

The reasons are simple:
- aux in on the back (minijack)
- bluetooth handsfree (parrot build-in in this case, external microphone)
- 3 RCA pre-out's (one front, one rear, one sub).

Obviously it comes with a lot of other niceness, like USB, remote control and a good few other goodies.

Also the stickers in matt black for the B and C colums have arrived today, so I'll fit them in the next few days.

Another thing that has arrived, was the Multivan II Highline interior I got my fingers on:

After unwrapping the pallet:

The side with can-holders, marmorized table, etc:

A complete dash was also part of it. Obviously all the sides with leather:

Couldn't wait to fit the doors. Drivers door (LHD):

Right hand door:

On the right hand door, I had made a bit of a bummer. Once fitted, the door couldn't be closed, because I've got a 2-seater bench in the front. There is just no space for the compartment. I'll either have to wait until I collect the leatherseats in Germany or see, in what state the right single seat in my spare-Syncro is. Ah well .. can't have it all at once.

/M

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Best of it is (well on top of the leather pieces), that there is 12v plugs all over the place. Have to figure out now, if the cabling is in place or if i need to find that. At least 3 12v plugs counted so far.

- one in the boot
- one at the back bench
- one for the center seats

/M

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Alloys came back (the same as before), but this time with bolts, that have a floating washer. That did the trick alright.

Here's a quick snapshot from tonight (we did fit'em in the feckin' dark):

I'll post a better picture when the van has been washed and it's daylight.

Again. 18" Alloys, 245/45/18, no scuffing from the initial ride and I can turn full way left/right without it rubbing the wheelarches. Perfect !!

/M

1 - 20 of 150 Posts