VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Nitromors has been pants for a long time... think the hand dissolving abilities succumbed to H&S ;) the new super strong stuff is like strawberry jelly... i've found this and its like the good ol' days :D... bubbles away in minutes....

saying that, one of the T's completely dissolved in minutes...the other 3 took bleedin' hours to clear the laqueur off I:

end result always worth it T:

:ILU:
dont go rushing out just yet... its just taken me literally nigh on 3 hours to part delaquer half of one wheel :eek: and have to stop as now have a blister on that finger I: LOL:

Plan B tomoz me thinks ;)

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
well..plan B didnt work, as there didnt turn out to be one...:( paint strippers and the like are nowadays are about as much use as putting strawberry jelly on the laqueur to remove...just spent, no word of a lie, 9 hours manually removing the laqueur off 3 wheels...FFS I:

pleased to say though that the wheels are now painted up :D, ready for a flatten back in the am, before a last coat and laqueur ;)

never again...

4 x 9j ET15's with maskin tape on and a 9J ET30, third one back, in there because it can be ;)

couple of days to go off and these will be on the bus early next week :D..and up for sale, as will be my borbet A's tomorrow once i have some pics of them on my bus ;)

these are going to be the last i refurb as i really have had my fill of blistered, painfull fingers to last me a lifetime

drink now and ready for a busy day tomorrow

·
Registered
17 Posts
Man these rimz are beautifull im looking to get some 16x9 for my mk1 lwb t4 but could really do with some advise on what et i shoul get ive got a wide archbody kit fitted and want to fill the arches so was thinking along the lines of et30 front and er15 rear with 205 50s to give a subtle bit of strech. would this givee look im after? any info would be great.

·
sc vw customs 1.9tdi convert
17,028 Posts
well..plan B didnt work, as there didnt turn out to be one...:( paint strippers and the like are nowadays are about as much use as putting strawberry jelly on the laqueur to remove...just spent, no word of a lie, 9 hours manually removing the laqueur off 3 wheels...FFS I:

pleased to say though that the wheels are now painted up :D, ready for a flatten back in the am, before a last coat and laqueur ;)

never again...

4 x 9j ET15's with maskin tape on and a 9J ET30, third one back, in there because it can be ;)

couple of days to go off and these will be on the bus early next week :D..and up for sale, as will be my borbet A's tomorrow once i have some pics of them on my bus ;)

these are going to be the last i refurb as i really have had my fill of blistered, painfull fingers to last me a lifetime

welcome to my world...:D

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
nearly there...;)

ET15's on the left Et30's on the right... looking forward to seeing these on :ILU:

(rubbish pic sory)

you can see the difference between how the centers sit by looking at the visible dish on the bottom left and bottom right wheel

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Man these rimz are beautifull im looking to get some 16x9 for my mk1 lwb t4 but could really do with some advise on what et i shoul get ive got a wide archbody kit fitted and want to fill the arches so was thinking along the lines of et30 front and er15 rear with 205 50s to give a subtle bit of strech. would this givee look im after? any info would be great.
these should look bob on chief... putting 205 55's on these as with them being 9J's you will get some nice sensible stretch and a comfy ride to boot...this is why i like these more than the staggered A's as having got used to looking at stretch every day, the 7J Borbet A just doesnt float my boat with a 205 tyre on ;)

·
Registered
632 Posts
Reckon your fingers will be nicely recovered by March so I can have a set. If not I might have to strat work on convincing the Mrs we need to spend some money on the van this side of xmas (dont fancy my chances of that so hope them fingers recover)

They look mint.

never again...

·
Registered
17 Posts
these should look bob on chief... putting 205 55's on these as with them being 9J's you will get some nice sensible stretch and a comfy ride to boot...this is why i like these more than the staggered A's as having got used to looking at stretch every day, the 7J Borbet A just doesnt float my boat with a 205 tyre on ;)

Cheers for the reply chap just gotta decide on the wheel now i leaning towards As as i love the flat face and huge lip will post some pics of mrs slowcome soon with a small buid thread just gotta get some paint on her now then some sexy rims

·
Registered
873 Posts
MUST.............Stop......................looking..............................

These T's in staggered would look awesome on my van:(....................or any van to be honest A:T:

21 - 35 of 35 Posts