VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, if any of the experts out there could comment - I'd be very grateful...

Is it possible to convert an up and over rear door to the barn door type?

I'm interested in a straight and tidy LWB, W plate, 2.5Tdi with 131K on the clock. It looks ok on the pictures, however,minor points are;
Central locking not working
N/S door lock barrel missing

would these be easy enough to fix?

asking price is £1900 - is this reasonable/average (in a very ball park figure kinda way - I know the answer to this question can be how long is a piece of string? )

Thanks in advance.

Mike

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Hi, if any of the experts out there could comment - I'd be very grateful...

Is it possible to convert an up and over rear door to the barn door type?

I'm interested in a straight and tidy LWB, W plate, 2.5Tdi with 131K on the clock. It looks ok on the pictures, however,minor points are;
Central locking not working
N/S door lock barrel missing

would these be easy enough to fix?

asking price is £1900 - is this reasonable/average (in a very ball park figure kinda way - I know the answer to this question can be how long is a piece of string? )

Thanks in advance.

Mike
Haha well like stated above, check it isn't nicked. Do a check on it as we all know what the "borough" can be like. Lived up the road for many years. Locks can be changed but you'd then have two keys- one for the doors and one for the barrel. I planked mine off with some filler and resprayed the handle. Delocked if you like.
Central locking can be an easy enough fix. Could be solonid issues but if it's a straight van with no major faults, I'd be happy to buy it and pay £100 odd to get that sorted properly by an expert. Have a good look around it and well, just trust your gut feeling mate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts