Plockton

Glen coe
http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/picture.php?
albumid=36898&pictureid=342289

·
Premium Member
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Note to self!Turn phone sideways when taking photos to post on here!

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Edit and rotate them then re-upload :)

Not seen those places for a long time, and rarely are they that sunny.

Last time I was in Applecross I was a kid and we were towing a caravan with a VW Variant 1600 Fastback. Before that we went there in a T1 Bay camper. :cool:

If youre ever up Aviemore way check out this place : http://www.highlandwildlifepark.org.uk/

·
Premium Member
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the photo tip mate.

We were at the park last year with the kids. This trip was on my own, kayaked down the river Spey from loch Inch to Aviemore, stunning!

·
Premium Member
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks great :)
Never had such an extended period of good warm weather right now since I moved up here, so think it should be time to hit those rowds T:
It's the chance you take mate, I'm luck I can check the weather on Wednesday and be there all weekend in 2hrs.

·
Want Electrics? Go Wildebus!
8,085 Posts
It's the chance you take mate, I'm luck I can check the weather on Wednesday and be there all weekend in 2hrs.
I quite fancy doing this NC500. Been meaning to check out the west coast and the top for many years, and this would look a good way to do it (only been as far north as Aberdeen and that was maybe 20 years ago and then just for half a day).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Nice work there, just got back from the NC500 myself. Best trip I've ever done. Beautiful scenery plenty of places to park up overnight and the sites I did stay in were clean and tidy with stunning bedroom views T: Would really recommend it.

1900 mile round trip taking Liverpool on the way up and only 3 refuelling stops and still got 100miles in the tank! A:

·
Premium Member
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thats a long way! The west coast is stunning and the van is the way to do it. I'm off again in two weeks but just around Perthshire.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Tell me about it, when you cross the border near Carlisle and you've got the same distance to drive as you've just done...

Well worth it thoughT:

Enjoy your trip

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
one of the (many) reasons we moved north, get withdrawal symptoms away from hills
plenty of great places up there not so far north as that bleedin' tourist route though I:

enjoy Perthshire Jc, we prob just D&G next week

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Nice pics!
Did the West Coast and islands a couple of years ago 2000+ miles camping in the back of a Peugeot Partner hire van. Basic but what a trip!

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
yes, some attractive spots in Perthshire

few pics of a recent short chillout wilding in remote dumfries & galloway

all alone

white & brown deer

nosy neighbours

another deserted road for the night

evening in the forest

red kite country

·
Premium Member
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Great pics CL, we saw the Red kites up near Calander where they are breeding them, there were loads of them. Sure I have a pic somewhere.

1 - 20 of 194 Posts