VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There, I have recently bought a '99 2.5 TDi 88 panel van (162K) with full genuine VW service history, and after driving it around for around a week now I have come up with a few concernes.

Whenever I pull up, turn off the engine and get out, the electric fan continues to run, even if I have only completed a very small journey (less then a mile for example). Is this normal? After a while it shuts off, but I have a TDi Audi, that never does this, hence my concern.

When reversing into a parking space on full lock, then turning the steering straight again, there is often a groan from the steering. This only happens when full lock has been used, never heard during normal driving.

I have Audi RS8 18" wheels and tyres (load rated) and wondered what pressure the tyres should be run at?

If anyone could shed some light on these points for me, I would be very gratefull, Thanks.

Phil

·
6,706 Posts
Fans - Normal.

Steering - Check Levels and if they are ok dont worry.

Tyres - Check max pressure on sidewall. If its above 40 - use 40.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Yep all my vans have had the fans do that - Normal. :ILU:

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
steering and fan is normal, mine stayes on after l have stopped and steering pump works harder on full lock, make sure you return the steering back to normal position when parked, do no leave on full lock:ILU:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ideal, thanks for those replies. Worrying about nowt I guess, but didn't want anything to go on too long if there was a problem.T:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts