VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there!

Well as I've said in my presentation I'm actually a student from the south-west of France. I like what I'm doing here but I want to change a little bit, I want to discover something new, so with my girlfriend we want to try a gap year in the UK. Or more, if we find long term jobs.
We don't want to stay in the UK just for working, we also want to travel a bit to discover everything there! So we'll take my T4.

As long as I'm not from there, I can't be a source of knowledge, so we're searching for a bit of help and some advices.
So, yeah...I have a few questions!

-If we had to see just 3 places there, which one would you advise us?

-Is there some good places to make repaired a T4 in London / Sheffield / Leeds?

-London, Sheffield and Leeds are places we're looking for to find a job. Can you tell me what's the best city for you?

-Can you help us to find jobs there? We are multimedia and communication students so everithyng in audio, video, photography, webdesign, writing, translating, computer graphics, even e-marketing or basic marketing would make us happy as hell but we don't know where to search!

-Is there something to know absolutely about driving there? Or about healthcare, banks... yeah about the everyday life there!

I know that I'm asking a lot of things but I know that the T4 family is a huge one, and I'll be happy to do the same thing if somebody here wants to live and work in France. Or yeah if you just want to travel a bit there for holidays I'll be glad to give you some advices and some good places to see/to stay in!

And sorry if my english looks bad...I'm trying to do my best but I'm not bilingual yet haha!

Thanks a lot by advance for every answer you could give me! :)

·
Registered
15,768 Posts
Sheffield is boss. I do like it there. It's a great city with friendly people.

But Liverpool is boss. T:
Ask the Arctic Monkies. Rasp:

·
Registered
15,768 Posts
Leeds is a boss place too.
As is Manchester or Newcastle.
Newcastle is a superb place. The people are amazing.

You need to have a drive round. Go west an all.
Bristol is a boss city.

·
Registered
15,768 Posts
I'd deffo drive to the west coast of Scotland via the Lake District.

That would be the best drive you ever had if you came back the long way. T:

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Bonjour monsieur Grenouille,

London is a very expensive place to live (mostly for housing). Leeds is much better and does have some decent tech companies, so job prospects ok. I don't know much about Sheffield. North England tends to be cooler than South.

There are a lot of tech companies in the area around Reading (SE England) if you do want warmer, but again, housing is more expensive (but a lot less than London).

A good place to search for jobs is www.reed.co.uk

If you sign up to the, you can enter your job search requirements and have the prospective jobs emailed to you. There are others, but I found Reed effective.

HTH

Pete

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi guys!
Thanks a lot for the advices, it will help us a lot...!
And the Lake district looks just absolutely beautiful! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts