VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As above it sounds like its coming from under the floor near the fuel tank. It's not a vibration more of a mechanical buzzing noise when I turn the key once then it's continues when the van is running. It's a t28 1.9 the noise comes and goes.
Any ideas ?
Cheers

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers I thought it might the fuel pump but the fuel pump is in the bay and it's cam driven this noise is under the floor left side

·
Registered
736 Posts
Cheers I thought it might the fuel pump but the fuel pump is in the bay and it's cam driven this noise is under the floor left side
fuel pump is in the fuel tank i believe
dont know where you heard engine bay and cam driven does not relate to any model i believe again

UPDATE forgot about tandem pump was thinking only of noise under floor

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The t28 has a pick up pump in the tank and the fuel pump is cam driven also doubles up as the vacuum pump. confirmed this with vw today. Any way they conformed it might be the n75 valve mooing valve. does anyone have a description of where this valave is located and if it need coding once fitted etc all info would be helpful

thanks

·
BMW? You gotta be serious!
13,223 Posts
Doesn't usually "moo" while driving though

What years your van?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
55 plate. chap at vw said it could be the pick up pump. The only reason im thinking it could be fuel related is it does it on the first turn of the key sounds like some sort of valve/pump noise and its left side under around the passenger seat area. not sure that else is located in that area ?

cheers

·
BMW? You gotta be serious!
13,223 Posts
My brain is fried as I'm I'll but there was something on the t5 under passenger seat and it needed a bush/rubber thing to stop a vibration noise

But it's been such a long time

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Id deffo say its the pump in the tank priming ,turn ign on you hear it for 2-3 seconds then nothing , my camshaft is so noisy on the 1.9 i cant hear anything else when its running .

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im thinking the same thing pick up pump intank as the noise can only be heard from inside the cab and more so if your head is down near the passenger footwell will have to have a look and see. but vw want over £160 for a new one :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts