VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its sits nice at the moment, kinda different than the lower look.Tough like bA's ride.Still love em low but honestly aint got the cash for new springs, tryin to get money together for split charging and stuff for the back:confused: Theyres hardly any room to lower i think anyway, got 285s on back and it nearly touches, 255 on front that do rub a little on full lock.. i just dont go on full lockLOL:
Somebody on here has x5 wheels on a caravelle lowered 30mm with spacers on back and says its ok. What engines yours adam? mines 1.9.:ILU:

·
Registered
14 Posts
mine has been lowered with cmc springs 40mm with 285 tyres with no problems. like you the front rubs on full lock.
engine is 1.9, feels a bit slow so thinking about getting it remaped.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Adam, yes can see yours is lowered now, thought it was the vw debadgeing making it look slicker.. deff goina look at it when i got some spare cash, Did you get springs off ebay or where? Be interested to know ride quality, theres lots of potholes and speedramps around here, dont fancy takin grooves outa them expensive 285s, i aint lookin forward to replacing em, mine were second hand wiv the wheels.H:
I'd remap it too, mines got 150k on it just not sure it would be too clever to remap after its bin running the same way for so long if ya kno wot i mean. Would be cool to pull a bit more out the 1.9 tho wheels slowed it down a bit. You'll have to show us pictures when you get front spoiler fitted, is it a genuine vdub one? I'm savin for the ebay front foggys at mo but the misses is still recovering from me suprising her with the x5 wheels at a time when i said dont buy any more shoesLOL::ILU::)

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dont know wether your considering putting the sportline side rails on? Think they might be cool in powder coat black or just colour coded. Like to keep things stock like that yank chip foose off discovery..'like its rolled off the line'.
Yours looks so cool now just gotta be careful not to fk it up like vdub did with the sportline and take it for a supermarket sweep at halfordsLOL:
The debadging is the bomb. When i took my t28 badge off think it had been stuck on with sikaflex and took a load of paint off.

·
Registered
14 Posts
got my springs from ebay. mine is on 164k:eek: hopefully the remap will be ok im sure some others can comment if it`s wise to remap them with high millage.
front spoiler come from vanstyle, would love the vw one but not paying that sort of money:eek:.
there is no chrome tat going to be stuck to this vanRasp: or side rails.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts