VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im well p****d off, got around to servicing my van earlier, Oil/filter fuel filter tried doing the gearbox but drain and filler plugs were stuck.

But now I keep blowing fuse number 16 and I dont know why cause im **** with electrics.

Got my van fired up after servicing, the right dash speaker wasnt working so gave it a gentle persuasive tap!! after the love tap i lost my warning lights and blew fuse 16.

It keeps blowing as soon as I turn the ignition on, but cant be sure if its after a few seconds or when I switch to posn three.

Any help would be mucho appreciated as im supposed to be driving to Slovenia in a week.

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
I think fuse 16 powers the interior lighting circuit. It could be that the door contact that operates the interior lights when you open the door is shorting out on the bodywork.
?????????????
Check all the door contacts etc and you might be lucky. Worth a stab in the dark I'd say:confused:.
Alan.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its funny you should say that,

I thought I would just go and have a looksee, fresh head and all that, and fresh loada fuses!!

First fuse in, ignition on pop...............and.......................... another crackle!!!

Had a look where the crackle came from and found the wires for the interior light for the glove box where touching as I had removed the g/box . The wires had touched each other and were blowing the fuses.

Job Done!!!!!

Blacktop thanks for the advice, you replied after I had a look but would have followed your advice if I hadnt solved it.

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
Well done mateT:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:
It's a good feelin' when you get a problem sorted isn't itT::D

·
Registered
407 Posts
On the gear oil subject, I saw a guy who had drained his but he never checked the fill plug first!!

It was stuck solid and he could not get the oil back in!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bought myself a hefty 17mm allen key today, dont worry I will make sure the filler comes out before draining the oil!!!!

Cheers anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts