VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fitting a brand new head to my new engine build so far so good - however there is a part in the original cylinder head that is not fitted to the new one. Looks like some kind of oil feed pipe for the vacuum pump cam follower. It doesn't seem to want to come out of the old head, the pipe is quite soft and could break off quite easily so I'm a bit reluctant to get brutal with it before asking first.. The new head has a tiny hole where this would go. Somebody must have come across this before..

·
Registered
288 Posts
Some have them some don't. (I don't know why) I have an AJT without one & an AUF with one. I presume it's better to have one as the oil is directed more precisely from the cam lobe. I would imagine it will pull out with an internal bearing puller. (The expanding type)

·
Registered
119 Posts
I noticed this pipe too a couple of days ago on Vagcat and yours is the only one I've ever come across for real. Yes this is to lubricate the fuel pump cam from above as it runs over the follower. I guess VW did some more tests and found to lubricate from underneath was just fine and they could save a few Pfennigs. I wouldn't worry about it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts