VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Umm, hiall am a new comwerto owing a T4 (2002 2.5tdi) an the usual turbo noise has disappeaed laving the van feeling sluggish. s teher a way to service tTurbo or am I lookingat a replacement! Im hoping not!!!
Cheers in advance for your thoughts
Matt

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
It isn't necessarily the turbo itself buddy. There are a few vacuum/pressure lines that run from the turbo to the N75 solenoid valve. These can perish and leak. Nice cheap and easy fix - buy it by the metre at your local motor factors.

The N75 solenoid valve itself may be knackered - easy fix, but not so cheap unfortunately (approx £80 for a new genuine one).

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It isn't necessarily the turbo itself buddy. There are a few vacuum/pressure lines that run from the turbo to the N75 solenoid valve. These can perish and leak. Nice cheap and easy fix - buy it by the metre at your local motor factors.

The N75 solenoid valve itself may be knackered - easy fix, but not so cheap unfortunately (approx £80 for a new genuine one).[/QUOTe

Im not a great mechanic, ill see if I can find one that I can sort this out.....shame no Haynes manual.
Thanksfor teh support, I as pretty ed off earlier..Ihaventhad the van long, Ive already done the timing belt/water pump and had to ge the clutch looked at.
Is there an easy way to check?
Cheers
Matt

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

The N75 solenoid valve itself may be knackered - easy fix, but not so cheap unfortunately (approx £80 for a new genuine one).[/QUOTe

Im not a great mechanic, ill see if I can find one that I can sort this out.....shame no Haynes manual.
Thanksfor teh support, I as pretty ed off earlier..Ihaventhad the van long, Ive already done the timing belt/water pump and had to ge the clutch looked at.
Is there an easy way to check?
Cheers
Matt
Ha, just realised that thi site doesnt allow certain words!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Ideally you need a diagnositc program called vagcom that you can use to carry out some checks.

If you're anywhere need Bristol, there's a guy on here called Zmok who you could go and see.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ideally you need a diagnositc program called vagcom that you can use to carry out some checks.

If you're anywhere need Bristol, there's a guy on here called Zmok who you could go and see.
Hi.
Thanks for that, I am very near Bristol. Ill look Zmok up and ask him for help.
Much appreciated.
Cheers
Matt

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to ZMOK for an excellent job on sorting out the problem, thankfully it was a broken bracket and nothing more serious but it was enough to disable the poweer from the turbo. Zmok found the problem and fixed it well.
he is well worth a call for South West/Bristol T4ers!
Cheers
MattT:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts