VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Im thinking of fitting a AAZ fuel pump to my 1.9 TD ABL.

Is it worth fitting and whot sort of price am i looking at for the pump

Cheers all

·
Its about time I showed up
11,653 Posts
Oooooooooooooooo YES!! Y:

Get yourself a boost pin for it too and it will fly CLICKY

She will go like the clappers T:

I should say from a scrappy anything from £50 to £150 if you can find one :ILU: Dont appear to keen and you should get one cheap enough ;)

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've got an undiagnosed problem with my ABL, sort of jerking, hesitation, oscillating at low revs which clears at high revs. Asked lots of people, been to lots of garages but nobody knows...

I've got an AAZ pump, L200 intercooler, GTD injectors, GTD boost pin.... ALL sitting in the garage LOL..

I hope changing the pump will solve the problem? and give more power..

I just need to find a garage which knows what they are doing to fit the pump... Any thoughts?

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've got an undiagnosed problem with my ABL, sort of jerking, hesitation, oscillating at low revs which clears at high revs. Asked lots of people, been to lots of garages but nobody knows...

I've got an AAZ pump, L200 intercooler, GTD injectors, GTD boost pin.... ALL sitting in the garage LOL..

I just need to find a garage which knows what they are doing to fit the pump... Any thoughts?

Hi, GTD injectors :confused: what difference do they make and what car:confused: (golf gtd??)

·
11,653 Posts
Hi, GTD injectors :confused: what difference do they make and what car:confused: (golf gtd??)
Dont worry about that for now....

Just get your aaz pump and boost pin fitted and maybe an intercooler and grin from ear to ear :D

Search Project power on here, loads of good info T:

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi All, have been offerd a AAz pump, it has a wire coming out of the back between were the injector pipes exit the pump!!

what is the wire for and can i fit this to my 1.9 TD ABL or do i want a different pump

cheers all

·
11,653 Posts
I wouldnt like to say tbh.. If it looks like the one above then yes.. Without looking at it i couldnt say for sure..

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi All,

Im thinking of fitting a AAZ fuel pump to my 1.9 TD ABL.

Is it worth fitting and whot sort of price am i looking at for the pump

Cheers all

ive been offerd one off a 97 golf with a wire coming out of the back between were the injector pipes exit (pictures on page 2)

will it fit:confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
1,585 Posts

Will have issues with GTD injectors with an AAZ pump. AAZ injectors are twin stage so are taller. If you use AAZ pump and GTD injectors, then the AAZ injector lines will be too short to reach injectors and GTD injector lines will not reach rotor head.

pretty sure AAZ cam plate is also set up for the twin stage injectors.

GTD injectors ? Its an endless discussion, no-one can find bosch figures for nozzle size/pintle lift (not on any of the 3 or 4 sites i go on where peeps play with IDI stuff anyway:confused:)

There is a common belief amongst the great unkowing that fitting new GTD nozzles will make your van run/start/idle/accelerate/mpg etc etc greatly improved. However this is never done back to back with brand new standard nozzles ie if you fitted brand new standard nozzles in same bodies you would feel an improvement.

Common to popular misconception , fitting new nozzles isnt as simple as following an online idiots guide. Breaking pressures need to be set (and matched across all 4) using shims.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Cheers for the info.. You appear very clued up! I've got a reasonable understanding of the fundamentals but I’m not a mechanic.

I've actually already fitted the GTD injector body and nozzles, as I thought the fault with my van may have been caused by a dodgy / dribbley standard injector. The GTD injectors seemed to make the van run a little better and better MPG, but I wouldn't say there was a massive improvement. (and the strange fault with jerking/kangarooing at low revs is still there)... so next thing to look at is the pump. so I cant fit an AAZ pump with GTD injectors? need AAZ injectors?

I've bought an AAZ off ebay but i havent really had a look at it... i've got a funny feeling its a newer style one (with the black damper?)

I've sort of lost interest in resolving the problem with my ABL / and tuning it up as i've got a work van now and dont use the T4 every day... and it is drivable, just gotta ‘drive around’ the fault.

Wondering if anyone knows of a competent garage that could do this work around south Wales? or anyone fancy a hobble?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts