VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My engines gone pop so i need a new one asap as suppose to be going on my hols in the van in 2 weeks:eek:

What is involved in fitting an AAZ engine instead?

Will the ancilleries from an ABL fit an AAZ? Turbo? manifold?

A friends garage will be doing it for me, they quoted me 8 hrs labour to straight swap an ABL. So i wondered what more is envolved in fitting an AAZ

Thanks

·
Registered
146 Posts
you need to swap the
oil pick up and sump block & camcover , the dipstick at the the front and drill new one at the back if using the aaz turbo pump etc u should be ok ! and have a bit more power
if your swaping the turbo etc think you have to alter the oil return too on the back of the block !

ive got a spare abl its done 140k but up in manchester ! if your really stuck !

abl are like hens teeth cause they were only put in the t4 transporter ! i searched for ages for one and when found one got quoted a stupid price ! managed to get a damaged full van cheaper !

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

Thanks for the response, i'm having problems finding a good ABL

The reason i ask is because i've found an AAZ minus the head, turbo, manifolds, the ad is a bit vague to what comes with it? I've found a new head for £150, so was wondering if my turbo and manifold from my ABL would fit the AAZ and any other bits if i needed them?

Not sure if it's to much to ask the garage to do it?

·
Registered
146 Posts
a good abl engine complete will set you back round about 750+vat thats what i was quoted from nmanchester van parts (robbin dogs ) but they guys there kept sayin i would be back as they said they were rare !!! and as i found out there right lol
i ended up buying a written off van through a friend from a salvage auction luckly i aint need it as the problem with mine turned out to electrical !! after being told it was pump / engine so if u get stuck ive still got the spare engine but its in manchester !

as for swapping to a aaz bottom end ! should be possible ! but dont hold me to it id check the oil and waterways !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts