VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, just joined after months of thinking about it now I have so much time,
any way I have a t5 transporter 2005 and yesterday the abs light came on also the traction control light.
Had a new stereo fitted and the lad did say that the wiring for the towbar was pretty dodgy could this be the problem .
could anyone advise

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Hi bud welcome to the forum (y)
First thing to do is read the fault codes
If you dont have vag com or a reader
Start with buying a cheap code reader from Ebay
It is possibly a sign that the abs pump ecu has gone wrong (a common problem) but without reading the codes you cant be sure
I will post you a link for a code reader (y)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
788 Posts
Hi mate, this happened to me last year, can't mind the codes off hand but it turned out to be the abs ecu unit, common problem .

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi there I bought a diagnostic reader hoping it arrives soon ,where did you get ecu unit from I have noticed a few on ebay

·
Registered
788 Posts
The guy i use for mots etc did mine , he sorted a few dodgy connections elswhere relating to a fuel pump issue, re done a dodgy piggy back fuse and sent my abs eco away for repair / refurbish, put all back together ran lime a dream , think it cost me 600 ish if i remember correctly .

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Mine came on 32/3 weeks ago and i was fearful of the big bill but traction control light went out and left abs light on its own was a rear wheel speed sensor when I read codes
£12 so fingers crossed 🤞

1 - 16 of 16 Posts