VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, hoping for some advice/help.
The abs controller on my T5 is dead, I have sent it to ecu testing for repair, but no good. The part code is 7HO907379S and I can't seem to find a replacement with the code S, so what are my options? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2004 T5 2.5 174
2,363 Posts
You don't say what year/model your van is (imortant) but I think the S version pump is towards the end of the old model range (2008- 2010). The real trouble comes if you try and fit a very early pump (like my 2004 'E' suffix). That number pump doesn't have ESP and is almost certainly incompatible. Yours will have ESP so I think I would risk one earlier letter (so an 'R' in this case). I wouldn't guarantee it but I would buy one knowing I could probably sell it again without much loss. It will certainly physically fit.

You may need to reset the steering angle sensor with VCDS if it doesn't sort itself out with a short drive and a few lock to lock turns pausing to centralise. Also you will probably need to recode the pump but there is enough info online to do this with the old model which only has short coding.

Later vans with yaw sensors, more sophisticated active suspension and brake systems plus component protection are very different.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You don't say what year/model your van is (imortant) but I think the S version pump is towards the end of the old model range (2008- 2010). The real trouble comes if you try and fit a very early pump (like my 2004 'E' suffix). That number pump doesn't have ESP and is almost certainly incompatible. Yours will have ESP so I think I would risk one earlier letter (so an 'R' in this case). I wouldn't guarantee it but I would buy one knowing I could probably sell it again without much loss. It will certainly physically fit.

You may need to reset the steering angle sensor with VCDS if it doesn't sort itself out with a short drive and a few lock to lock turns pausing to centralise. Also you will probably need to recode the pump but there is enough info online to do this with the old model which only has short coding.

Later vans with yaw sensors, more sophisticated active suspension and brake systems plus component protection are very different.
Hi, sorry forgot that bit, it's a 2009 59 plate 130 kombi 2.5tdi

·
Registered
2004 T5 2.5 174
2,363 Posts
If that info comes from a dealer then you'd have to take notice but I don't know why it would be. I don't know if you still had communication with the old pump before it was removed but VCDS shows other pump information. Mine is a MK25, but there is MK25E, MK25E1 and others. The other thing worth checking for a match with VCDS is where mine says ASR below. There is ESP or ESP/EDL (on the 4wd). I think these numbers do need an exact match with any pump you find.

Address 03: ABS Brakes Labels: 7H0-907-37x-ASR-F.lbl
Part No: 7H0 907 379 E
Component: ASR FRONT MK25 0103
Coding: 0007205

1 - 5 of 5 Posts