VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone can help me out, I have a Transporter T5 2.5 130bhp 2006, the ABS light came on the dash a little while ago so I took it to the garage. They took it to another comany that could test the sensors etc and they diagosed it as one of the wheels is not registering speed hench the warning, the garage replaced the sensor on the wheel and they re-tested and all was fine on the sensors on their end but the light is still on. They said that the ECU is at fault, I found out it is a £700 part new so I sent it awat to a company I found in these forums called BBA Reman and they tested it and said it passed all tests.

I am kind of stuck in the situation where one company is wrong but without replacing the ECU and spending alot of money I cannot prove it, first question is if anyone has any other suggestions on what the fault may be or have come accross this before and secondly, I have been trying to source a replacement second hand part which is proving difficult, BBA Reman cannnot souce on and I have tried "Parts Gateway" and "24 7 spares" online as well searching and calling over 10 breakers with no joy, if anyone has a suggestion of somewhere else I can source this part it would be much appreciated. Part numbers on the ECU and the ABS Pump are below.

ECU 7H0907379P
Pump 7H0614117

Many Thanks in advance!
Lee

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi there, not sure if you saw the question i posted with a similar issue with the ABS/ASR light coming on and not going off. I was looking at it being the sensor and hoping to every god that it wasnt the ECU. Not sure if it will help but mine was caused by a failing alternator not producing enough charge and causing a VAGCOM fault, once alternator changed the light has stayed off.

here is the thread
http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=114580

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that Derek, I'll mention that to the garage. I have ordered the replacement ecu from vw now which should arrive on Wednesday, will know by the end if the week if the ecu is at fault or not, I'm kinda hoping it's not! At least I will be able to sell it on and save myself £580 quid!

Lee

1 - 3 of 3 Posts