VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Cool.. but what about cats eyes, chippings or the odd penny left on the road.... Doesn't look like there would be any travel at all in that setup.. cool tho :cool:

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm gonna sound like an old timer here but so what!! lol

I remember when this so called "euro" look was about keeping things simple and subtle, now it just seems to a be a competition about who can get the most ridicolous looking machine. It used to be about mods that didn't slap you round the face but crept up on you. I remember the first time I was exposed to euro inspired cars was in max power I think in the mid 90's, a couple of mk2's from Holland, again both very minimal and tidy running small wheels whilst the rest of the world was trying to get the biggest rims they could, and ALLWAYS a hard drop, non of this air ride malarkey.

Don't get me wrong that car in the original post is cool looking, it just seems to me that everything thats low with a bit of dish is considerd euro nowadays when infact a lot of it is what the original euro lookers were running away from.

Just my opinion of course :)

·
Registered
161 Posts
That Euro look is nutty!!

Dunno how it would suit a T4, but we just did it to a mk3 polo bread van, With some powder coated banded BMw steelies.. 7.5 on the front and 9's on the rear looks off it's head! night mare though as you have to flare them arches and bread vans arches are a bit square now it's got wings!!H: looks cool though.. I'll fire up some pics if I get 5

I recon it looks good on the Rats..

·
Its about time I showed up
11,653 Posts
That Euro look is nutty!!

Dunno how it would suit a T4, but we just did it to a mk3 polo bread van, With some powder coated banded BMw steelies.. 7.5 on the front and 9's on the rear looks off it's head! night mare though as you have to flare them arches and bread vans arches are a bit square now it's got wings!!H: looks cool though.. I'll fire up some pics if I get 5

I recon it looks good on the Rats..
Would like to see that!...

As for the audi i do think it looks good but again its a little over the top, no way i could hand that over to the missis with the kerbs round here :eek:

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Horrible!! Rasp:

Love the effort that's gone in, but have to agree with Big T and say it's just 'too much' for my tastes.....

I agree about 'Euro' being based on subtlety, whereas this seems to take the Euro theme and just go to the extremes, kind of killing the whole idea.......

As I say though - got to admire the effort, if not the result....... :)

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'm gonna sound like an old timer here but so what!! lol

I remember when this so called "euro" look was about keeping things simple and subtle, now it just seems to a be a competition about who can get the most ridicolous looking machine. It used to be about mods that didn't slap you round the face but crept up on you. I remember the first time I was exposed to euro inspired cars was in max power I think in the mid 90's, a couple of mk2's from Holland, again both very minimal and tidy running small wheels whilst the rest of the world was trying to get the biggest rims they could, and ALLWAYS a hard drop, non of this air ride malarkey.

Don't get me wrong that car in the original post is cool looking, it just seems to me that everything thats low with a bit of dish is considerd euro nowadays when infact a lot of it is what the original euro lookers were running away from.

Just my opinion of course :)
And i bet those mk2's had some 'tasteful' airbrushed murals on the petrol flaps too;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts