VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, the accelerator cable on my T4 1998, 1.9cc has given up. My mechanic has identified the official part number as 7D271555. We have both searched far and wide and have been unable to locate the part. The cable is apparently different to most T4 cables as my mechanic informs me that 'it has an electrical component that connects to the EGR valve'. I have 3 questions:

1. Does anybody know where I could purchase this accelerator cable 7D271555?

2. Could I use a different/regular cable and simply switch off the valve?

3. Or, do you have any other advice or suggestion?

Greatly appreciated, Johnny

Registered
rusty heap ('95 t4)
whats the problem with the cable on your van?

is it collapsing at the bulkhead end (where the electrical thinggy is)?

you can either...

use whatever cable you can find & disable the egr (y)

OR

fit a jubilee clip on the outer cable to stop it collapsing / compressing when the throttle is pressed馃槣

Rich.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Rich and yes it was collapsing according to my mechanic.
I have the van booked in next week and we're going to follow your advice to disable the ego and use another cable. I'll update here on the outcome.
Thanks your post was really helpful. John

Registered
Hi, the accelerator cable on my T4 1998, 1.9cc has given up. My mechanic has identified the official part number as 7D271555. We have both searched far and wide and have been unable to locate the part. The cable is apparently different to most T4 cables as my mechanic informs me that 'it has an electrical component that connects to the EGR valve'. I have 3 questions:

1. Does anybody know where I could purchase this accelerator cable 7D271555?

2. Could I use a different/regular cable and simply switch off the valve?

3. Or, do you have any other advice or suggestion?

Greatly appreciated, Johnny
Hi did this work disconnect your egr valve sensor we cannot get a cable anywhere we were told by ve they stopped making them in 2018

Registered
whats the problem with the cable on your van?

is it collapsing at the bulkhead end (where the electrical thinggy is)?

you can either...

use whatever cable you can find & disable the egr (y)

OR

fit a jubilee clip on the outer cable to stop it collapsing / compressing when the throttle is pressed馃槣

Rich.

Hi

Just wondered what type of cable will fit the ABL that we can still get hold of? I've disabled my egr so the switch isn't a problem. Tia

Registered
Thanks Rich and yes it was collapsing according to my mechanic.
I have the van booked in next week and we're going to follow your advice to disable the ego and use another cable. I'll update here on the outcome.
Thanks your post was really helpful. John
Hi, what was the outcome and what cable did you end up using? Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts