VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my daughter has a dancing lesson on tuesday so while i wait i am usually found tinkering around with bits on the van.

i was looking at the dash and thought that the ash tray space looked the same size as my old mobile phone (HTC HD2, currently being used as a hidden GPS tracker in case the van goes walkies)

SO, took out the tray and boom, the phone fits pretty snug. I have a double sized battery but if i took that off it would sit flush.

suddenly have an in built sat nav now T:

i love tinkering

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Well shame on you!....:*

You know what's going on right now? Half the T4 owners are out there, in the cold, dribbling like half wits trying to see if they have a phone that fits in there ash tray space. :eek:

FYI My old Nokia 3310 does not. :D Time for an up-grade T:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Loving the idea of using it as a "hidden GPS tracker in case the van goes walkies"

And to think people sell their old phones to envirofone, or just stuck in a drawer/cupboard somewhere!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's not very hidden when I put it there so don't think it Will be living in that space for long. But it works well for a hacked phone.

It's running an android app from http://www.greenalp.com/RealTimeTracker/ which I can view the location of my T4 via a webpage. It is dependant on a good phone signal but you can see where the van has been and a rough location if it can't find gps.
I'd show you it working but don't want you lot knowing what I'm up to lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts