VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys. I am soon to embrace the PP dream with my 102 bhp ex-AA (of which I'd soon like to post some photos... It is looking different). Anyway, I blanked/ cleaned EGR last night which was quick, easy & as described by T4Trick... until my very good amigo dropped an intercooler bolt "into the engine"!! We didn't have the spuds to just start it and see so we took the base-tray off and felt around from top & bottom until my brother finally spied the blighter lodged deep near the rad fans... Short job gone 2hrs long.
That admitted, my question is this; for PP nozzle removal & change, how much of the front do you have to remove? Obviously intercooler; but grille, radiator, panel above bumper?! How far do you have to go!? I know loads of people have done this so let's hear your experiences and if anyone has photos of the halfway stage, please can we see 'em? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I havn't changed my nozzels yet but when i was doing my pump timing i pulled the radiator forward (on its hindges) and found that there should be plenty of room to do the nozzles, hope this helps T: let us know how it goes, i cant wait to do mine.........

·
Meithered to death
2,859 Posts
You already have 114BHP with an ex AA.I would be binning that top mount IC in favour of a front mount aswell. Nozzles will give you the greatest increase until you can have it mapped.
I recently fitted a tuning box to an ex AA van and it made 140BHP on the rolling road but smoked like an oil rig:D turned it down to 135BHP and the smoke was acceptableT:
Its not always nesessary to go the PP route to gain more output from your van......

·
6,672 Posts
You already have 114BHP with an ex AA.I would be binning that top mount IC in favour of a front mount aswell. Nozzles will give you the greatest increase until you can have it mapped.
I recently fitted a tuning box to an ex AA van and it made 140BHP on the rolling road but smoked like an oil rig:D turned it down to 135BHP and the smoke was acceptableT:
Its not always nesessary to go the PP route to gain more output from your van......
No not always, it jut depends how much power and torque you want.

Now to answer the actual question.....

All you need to do is as follows.

Remove bely pan.
remove intercooler
remove rad bolts and lift out on its hinges so that it rests on the bumper.
Access to injectors and pipework is granted.

Undo fuel pipe work between pump and injectors and leave loose

Now, remove allen bolts securing the injector clamps paying attention not to lose the washers !

Remove bolt clamp and washer.

Remove glow plug caps with a plier.

Remove injectors.

Regards.

Ron.

Remove glow plug caps.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aggie - Really? 114? So were does the extra 12 bhp come from on ex-AA vans? I thought they were 102 bhp! I have never seen that mentioned on the forum before. I am intrigued.
Rake - which part is the "bely pan"? Is that the bit underneath that protects the engine? I will probably kick myself when you tell me...

·
6,672 Posts
Aggie - Really? 114? So were does the extra 12 bhp come from on ex-AA vans? I thought they were 102 bhp! I have never seen that mentioned on the forum before. I am intrigued.
Rake - which part is the "bely pan"? Is that the bit underneath that protects the engine? I will probably kick myself when you tell me...
Alot of Ex AA are mapped to 114. Its suffice to say that if its a yellow, its a 114.

Yep the belly pan is indeed the engone cover at the bottom. 4 Bolts 2 10mm nuts and its off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts