VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I use a AJT engine in my T4 this is a bear engine. The engine that came out was ACV and was hoping to use all of the auxiliary parts from this engine. Can anybody give me some advice if this is feasible and am I likely to incur problems .thank you

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Adam , I ve been told that I may have to change my injectors , and the pistons in the AJT are smaller thus maybe giving me problems .Your thoughts .

·
Registered
557 Posts
The injectors are different (the AJT ones are **** apparently) so you’ll need to use the ACV ones and I think maybe one of the pipes is different between the two engines? Could be wrong about the pipes though. Pistons are identical as far as I know as are the rest of the internals.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Yes, as Matt said, both engines are identical internally, only difference is the map, injectors and intercooler. One pipe is different and needs replacing or careful bending to suit the new injector...

·
Registered
557 Posts
The AJT doesn't have an Intercooler from the factory but an intercooler from an ACV can be fitted to the AJT. People have been doing that for years. As far as I'm aware the injectors from the ACV will fit the AJT no problem as the Heads are the same.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Matt I am going ahead with with the AJT engine I been assured that all parts will fit from AVC engine . Thank you everybody for your knowledge and advice

1 - 10 of 10 Posts