VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a few threads saying the ACV 2.5TDi is almost identical to the TDI in the Volvo V70.

Anyone know about the gearboxes? Are they the same too?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hi did you find the answer? I think about 6 gear from v70 to my acv 2.5tdi
The 6 speed box is, presumably, from a 185hp D5. This is an entirely different engine, about the only thing the same is the number of cylinders. Chances of the. gearbox fitting are zero im afraid.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Completely unhelpful I know, but is the engine you’re thinking of the D5252T(?), which I think is actually stamped on the casting of my ACV T4.
Could be talking out of my proverbial . . . But if it is, I think there are minor differences with manifolds etc.
Apologies if talking Blahniks.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Does the 163bhp D5 engine fit in the T4? I have a v70 sitting around doing nothing.
Given sufficient funding anything can be made to fit. The issue is that the D5 isnt even related to anything that was fitted too a T4 so while it's a superb engine and would be brilliant its unlilkly to be a cost effective swap compared with a 1z, AHU or even a PD engine.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Completely unhelpful I know, but is the engine you’re thinking of the D5252T(?), which I think is actually stamped on the casting of my ACV T4.
Could be talking out of my proverbial . . . But if it is, I think there are minor differences with manifolds etc.
Apologies if talking Blahniks.
You're right the D5252T is exactly the same block as fitted to a multitude of VW and Audi cars in the 1990s under various engine codes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts