VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I have been experiencing loss of power and have been getting code 00575 - manifold absolute pressure sensor.

I am in the process of replacing all vac hoses and checking that the routing/installation is correct.

Two questions;

Where should the ECU vac hose go to?
It is currently fitted to the EGR (the plastic linkage part on the upper side (vacuum control element?) not the waste gate)

Where should the hose from the right hand side of the intercooler go to?
It currently 'T's into the vac hose which connects the upper fitting on the N18 to the brake servo hose - near the non return valve.

PLEASE PLEASE can someone clarify for me as I have trawled all the posts on here/the internet and none provide the answer to these two hoses specifically.

1997 ACV 2.5TDI 102bhp with intercooler.

Thanks in advance

Happy Bank holiday. :ILU:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone out there with an early ACV that could confirm where their ECU vac hose goes to please?

Cheers.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
alancaddy, thanks for your response.

Looks like mine was installed incorrectly.

My understanding is that the MAP sensor is the one fitted to the top right side of the intercooler? My intercooler has a vac hose fitting directly below this sensor. Is that where my ECU hose should be fitted?

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts
Is it possible to post photos of hose connections, which may help someone to see if they are connected correctly ?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Annoyingly I cannot post pictures. I'm guessing I need to be a paying member to do this? Unless someone can tell me otherwise? I am prepared to stump up the £10...

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts
Annoyingly I cannot post pictures. I'm guessing I need to be a paying member to do this? Unless someone can tell me otherwise? I am prepared to stump up the £10...
FAQ...Albums & Pictures T:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers delboy10.

So I have changed my hoses to the config as seen in the pic and the van is running much better.

How does this compare to how you guys are set up?

Thanks all for your time.

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts
Mine's a 2.5 petrol Auto so a different configuration, but glad you got photos sorted :)

·
Full of Cr*p....
9,135 Posts
WOW!!!! Delboy......petrol, auto, and you can STILL afford to pay 10 quid out to be a member!?!?!?!?

@paulmidz;

I'm red colour blind...so can't even see your fancy hoses LOL:
Also, I'm LHD so everything is different...sorry, can't help.

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts
WOW!!!! Delboy......petrol, auto, and you can STILL afford to pay 10 quid out to be a member!?!?!?!?
Why do you think my 1994 has still only done 90,000 miles Gaz ?

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts
Thread hijack in the guise of humour is always creeping in I'm afraid:D...glad you got it sorted:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts