VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine came along with me to Finland for the Nordic meet and he got bitten by the bug. We came home last night and today he bought himself a 2003 Multivan like mine. On Monday he will pick it up.
The car looks very clean and looks well looked after.

https://www.finn.no/car/used/ad.html?finnkode=123977303

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He picked up the car today. Looked good with only a few spots of rust around the A-pillar. Otherwise all clean. 4 brand new tyres and alloys included. They fit new brake pads and replaced the oil and filter before the car was delivered.
The cam belt was replaced in 2014 and the car had been driven only 18,000 km since then so I asked him to replace it now as rubber will age in the 4 years without being used. Maybe I am hysterical.
The camper part has hardly been used and looked new and clean. The steering wheel was shabby and I will be able to get rid of some bits I have here, like a brand new steering wheel in leather.
The car has been maintained by both VW and independent workshops and all the bills were in the car. The AC works very well. I think this is a case of a dead owner and the car was caught up in some conflicts to ownership. Finally this car dealer bought it.

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
Sorry guys must have missed this initially :eek:

Indian, looks really nice and clean, same furniture as yours too.

Agree with everyone about VW's efficacy in producing the Multivan, and of course the reasons for ownership I:

With so few finding their way to the UK, and us being limited initially to the Multivan Classic. During 1998 for us that became just a plain old Multivan. Prior to that the VW home market already had limited editions, and with Multivan II that increased to even more until the end of production.

I guess like most of us UK owners, even all these years later I still feel a little frustration in not being able to enjoy in RHD, models from the home market. We just did not take to the Multivan when it was for sale new, if you like for UK buying trends it was actually 'ahead of its time'. When VW used mine (was their publicity vehicle) for the 1998 re-launch they reduced base prices by £1000, and offered some 'big ticket factory options'; namely Climatronic, ABS / traction control, and an electric sunroof to try and tempt buyers.

Sadly none of that really worked, but meanwhile in markets like Norway (back to the original post), they were even building their own furniture additions. I guess so prospective owners could embrace ownership and the thoughts of 'outdoor adventures', sadly quite missed by us here in the UK; hence the low sales numbers. If they had sold well maybe we would have seen a RHD MVII ................. we can only wonder and often look with envy at our vehicles LHD cousins (as I often do :() LOL:LOL:LOL:LOL:LOL:

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
I dont wonder with envy Rasp:

g60, I'm not saying no one has done it, to satisfy that lust T:T:

I have looked on all our visits, and indeed I nearly bought a factory special order, MV Westfalia Last Edition Syncro ......... totally beautiful and really 'rocking horse rare'. Two minus points though, being Syncro it was still only 102, and if I did it I would want 151. And secondly it had wing doors, and I would want a tailgate, but it did have the external spare wheel mount which in my opinion is a 'must have'; but sadly only containing a 16" steel, NOT the correct 17" alloy!!!!!

Althought the 'Business' is considered by many as the pinnacle of T4 ownership, it's only the Multivan that is a true MPV :cool:

Maybe on our next trip I will see something I cannot resist. Although if I'm being honest I may be getting near the end of my T4 ownership journey as its been over 27 years. But right now as we speak I am renewing my insurance (like to give it up for Dan at A-Plan, and all the guys at their Thatcham office) ......................... so there is still hope yet I:

·
T4 2.5 TDi 2003 SWB
4,491 Posts
Hang in there Scruffy T: ...................... you just know you'll regret it if you decide to sell out. I'd be sad for you mate :( Besides, what would you replace it with that could be considered 'better' !? :*

I have to agree with just about everything that has been said here, including the 'class' thing :D
I'm well happy with my MV 151 :p For a large vehicle, it certainly doesn't hang around that's for sure >>

Nice van that, that your mate bought Indian T: Seeing that picture and what the previous owner has done, just goes to show how important it is to have 'decent' illumination! They do they same thing over here in France as the rural country roads are so dark decent headlights are an absolute must.

TURK

1 - 11 of 11 Posts