VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have been looking for some roof rails to add to a pop top roof and would appreciate any advice or things to watch our for.

I know you can get the Reimo's (it's not for a Reimo roof by the way) and Karitek have developed a similar system (http://www.karitek.co.uk/shop.html?page=shop.browse&category_id=161) but they're expensive and not the best looking of set ups when you compare them to the car-like rails such as these:

http://www.veedubtransporters.co.uk...onwards-black-aluminium-roof-bars-pair-l-w-b/

It seems a bit too good to be true that you could simply add these veedub rails to an elevating roof when the other options cost 3times more and don't look as nice! :confused: Or is it really as simple as that?! T:

Thanks

·
Registered
425 Posts
people usually put vw shahran, grand cherokee or grand voyager roof bars, cheap on ebay.

you gotta check how much weight you can put on your poptop roof tho!

on mine i can carry 20 kgs or so, enuff for surfboards

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
I am currently working on a solution to this that will spread the weight down 2 permenant channels (about 6 foot long) that you can then add cross bars to easilly. This will stop any weight you put on your roof from being transfered to the fiberglass of the roof in x4 specific locations. (you will still have to follow the pop top manufacturers loading guidelines) however it will b e much better than rails and cross bars as when you are not using them you will be able to remove the crossbars and your van will still have minimal roof clearance for those 2.1m carpark barriers!! T:

248 Posts
Hi
I have vanstyle stainless bars fitted to my reimo roof, the bars were altered and fitted with 2 extra supports turned out of stainless to spread load, I fit thule aero bars along with surfboard and roof box.

The camper will be going up for sale sadly over next month

1 - 4 of 4 Posts