VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Ive put two extra 12v (cig style) power outlets in the back of my van, i run the cabling through to the fuse box at the front. But i am unsure how i connect to it?
Ive been told that there are a few spare spaces on the fuse box but how do i conect my cable to these?

·
Registered
10,601 Posts
If you van is 1999> there will be a row of spare ports across the top of the fuse box marked KL30. Use these and add inline fuses as close as possible. If van is earlier there is a spare connection for a spade next to the thick red cable that enters the back of the fuse box. Again fuse as close as possible.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks upspex. Sorry it took a while to reply working away. When you say an inline fuse do you mean like when wiring up an amp? Also what ampage would i need to power two of these 12v outlets? The cable im using is the 2 core i bought from you.
Cheers
Dale

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sorry to resurrect my old thread. I still haven't got round to connecting these up to the fuse box yet, but im planning on doing them this weekend. As mentioned above upspex to connect to the KL30 port for a constant live could I connect to the KL15 port instead so that these are switched on and off with the ignition?? if so do I still use the same ampage inline fuse?

·
Registered
10,601 Posts
Yes you could do but it has to be a max load of 10 amps on that circuit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts