VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it possible to adjust the parking sensors?
Mine work but when I hit a solid beep im still a good foot away from things at the back...
cheers

·
Yellow van man
933 Posts
I think I am more like 18" away when I get a solid tone. Haven't noticed anything on the box to adjust and I doubt there is anything on the sensors themselves. I'm inclined to think that it is a default factory setting. A more expensive setup might be adjustable but I don't think a huge amount was spent on these.

·
Registered
95 Posts
You can adjust them, although I haven't yet. Mine wasn't working so I spent ages searching for a manual online (which I never found) but I did see something about adjusting them. There are 4 small black holes you have to turn with a screwdriver on the control unit if I remember correctly. If you (or someone else) haven't moved it it'll be behind the rear lower panel on the drivers side.

I only just got mine working (reversing lights were out too, which is how it comes on) so I haven't checked how close I am before it goes off. That'll be a job for this weekend I think.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I know this is a old post. But does anyone have anymore information on this? I had had a two bar fitted on a t4 facelift. It worked fine without a spacer on but I need a 50mm spacer on the tow bar for a bike rack. But this is interfering with the parking sensors when a cover is on the tow bar. Without the cover there isn't any issues. I have tried all options with vag com and setting it up with a trailer functions to no avail until I came across this post. Does anyone know of adjustments can be made to stop the sensors picking up on the tow bar? For the time being I am running it without a cover on. But It was only a small standard plastic cover.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts