VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all, yesterday fatherchristmas brought me these rather lovely lights as an early Christmas present, looked great in the dusk but when I took it for a drive low beam nearly killed me! It only shines about 2 metres infront the van. Does anybody have any idea on how to adjust them ? I don't have an electric motor like the odd instructions suggested, any help would be much appreciated, cheers Morgan

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Dude,

I had the same short beam problem.

In the end, I got the lights aligned to MOT standards. It was a simple case of using washers to adjust and align the beam.

The amount of light given will never be that good as the VW loom is pretty poor. There are a couple of traders, Autosparks and Upspex, who sells upgrade wiring looms and better bulbs.

*<:)>

:ILU:

·
Registered
728 Posts
on the back there is a grey block with a "bolt" coming out of it, screw in the bolt this will higher the beam T:

Tis easier to unscrew the grey piece and then screw it in

·
Registered
396 Posts
Ideal cheers guys, although now this is the least of my worries, got to my van this morning to find some *r had stoved in the passenger door, so I'm full of Christmas cheer now!
Barstewards

Hope you mange to get it fixed up

·
Registered
987 Posts
Jesus,

That's not a small knock either... :eek: Some people.

Nice lamps though, hope it doesn't put too much of a downer on your Christmas *<:)>

·
Registered
124 Posts
F**K and i thought the 4 hours i spent polishing out the car door marks on my van was bad enough

i feel your pain.............. i bet they jumped out of their vehicle saw the damage and shot off quick sharp.

big believer in karma............. hopefully their christmas turkey gives them salmonella :)

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cheers for the comments, as it was on a small estate I went door knocking and managed to find out who did it, he has now accepted liability so I'm claiming against his insurance, good news is they are going to do me a good price on giving the whole van a blow over as well as sorting out the door T: As far as the lights go I tried altering them myself but got no where, took them to a garage today and they pointed out that the adjuster comes unattached to the back of the lamp holders incase you want to attach electric motors, so after some fiddeling iv managed to get them pointing the right direction now :). Cheers and happy Christmas *<:)>

·
Full of Cr*p....
10,226 Posts
Now get the upgrade loom from upspex and ask him for the one that gives the dip still on when you select main beam.T:

Been using similar lights for 2 years now, but I have to say, even though they look great, even with the upgrade they are not as bright as the original (can't beat a large reflector and lens without HIDS...and don't go there! )
Wouldn't swap back, but I do struggle sometimes in the weather we get here in winter.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Now get the upgrade loom from upspex and ask him for the one that gives the dip still on when you select main beam.T:

Been using similar lights for 2 years now, but I have to say, even though they look great, even with the upgrade they are not as bright as the original (can't beat a large reflector and lens without HIDS...and don't go there! )
Wouldn't swap back, but I do struggle sometimes in the weather we get here in winter.
cheers for the advice, i seem to think they are brighter than my old lights which didnt have the upgrade, but i will deffinatly look into it for these, the brighter the better, iv got some hid bulbs from the last, but it says not to put them in, why is this? they blinding? is upspex a trader on here?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Morning all, yesterday fatherchristmas brought me these rather lovely lights as an early Christmas present, looked great in the dusk but when I took it for a drive low beam nearly killed me! It only shines about 2 metres infront the van. Does anybody have any idea on how to adjust them ? I don't have an electric motor like the odd instructions suggested, any help would be much appreciated, cheers Morgan
Hi,

The lights look really good.
Can I ask where you got them, well, I know Father Christmas got them for you but do you know where he got them?
Bad news on the damage to your door but result for for finding who did it, claiming and for getting a full respray T:

Cheers and *<:)>

Steve.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1 - 20 of 29 Posts