VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I accept that there are admin fees to cancel/amend a policy (although these seem to be getting out of hand) but I have just had my renewal through and there is a £20 admin fee just for taking out the policy.
I know you will say just find someone else but they are one of the well liked companies that many of us use on here use and they have been great to deal with over the year regarding adding mods.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I accept that there are admin fees to cancel/amend a policy (although these seem to be getting out of hand) but I have just had my renewal through and there is a £20 admin fee just for taking out the policy.
I know you will say just find someone else but they are one of the well liked companies that many of us use on here use and they have been great to deal with over the year regarding adding mods.
May be a silly question but have you spoken to them and made the threat of leaving them? Sometimes that is enough for the charges to miraculously reduce or disappear.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Probably worth ringing them up. Most companies up their prices for renewals and assume you'll accept it. Ring them and they may reduce the premium or scrap the admin fee. Could be worth getting other quotes to use as a bargaining tool.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I will be ringing them up, always do with insurance (not just car/van) as loyalty doesn't seem to count anymore!
Nicklouse, payed upfront last time in one lump so simple greed as far as I can see.

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
If it's through a broker/agent that will be their commission T:

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Brokers commission is what I was thinking, first time i've ever had to pay it though. Was probably just hidden before.

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
I've paid it a few times now and it's always been around £20 T:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts