VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

looking for some advice on how/where to make somewhere for our little 4 month old to sleep, until i solve this were not going to use the van much:eek:

would any body be kind enough to show me how they solved a problem of sleeping arrangements for a baby... that would be good enough for a wife to say, at the very minimum.. "that will be OK i suppose"

We have a fixed, not folding 2 seater err um seat, behind the front seats, and a put in take out double bed in the rear for us.. no other furniture is intended such as stove etc..

any input will be greatly received.

ThanksT:

Martin

·
Registered
129 Posts
I've seen beds that stretch across the front doors over front seats that look good too, cant find the thread though.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
You can always hang a cot from the roof with 4 hooks in the metal i think that will work well or am i just mad :eek:

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
The bunks i make are used for a wide range of ages..

From 5 weeks old....yes FIVE weeks old to about 9 years old...

As long as the child or youngster fits between the front doors!

Here is a photo from the side so you can see the depth of the bunk.

This stops the child rolling out.

We have also used a child size sleeping bag to stop our little one moving about to much.

See here..http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/sleeping/vango-nitestar-baby-sleeping-bag/COREDBACNITEBAB

You could always use ratchet straps.....ONLY JOKING!!!

If you are interested in me making you one please feel free to callT:

Rob

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
What about getting the bunk made up, but with sides / ends in netting or fabric that clip to roof and stop the little un falling / climbing out.
When my son was a few months old I converted a transit :)eek:) and had a drop down bed strapped to the cab ceiling. It had 2 ft high sides in canvas with a zip door and netting window. A ply base carpeted with matress. I dont think a VW has the headroom to do it but it worked absolutely brilliantly. As you dropped it down on webbing straps, the canvas sides tightened up (they were fixed to hooks in the ceiling and had webbing supports stitched into the corners. Unfortunately no photos of it as it was 11 years ago.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for your advice guys, food for thought there... I will have a think.. then the wife can tell me what I am doing!I:

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
By the way T4 Haus. What is a T4 Bi glove :confused: :eek: I:

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Oh! Good call we used to have one of those
Cost £8 million
Weighed nothing
Folded down into a *** packet
Snapped one pole thingy, but they replaced the whole thing instantly
No idea whether it would fit in the poptop (we had ours pre-van)
But I would recommend it Y: Cracking bit of kit T:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts