VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All ,I am brand new to T5s and looking for some advice on removing the seat retainers for a triple bench seat.
Is this something a mechanical novice could carry out .I have read the thread of removing the split two and single seat and sounds pretty tricky but is the triple retainers easier to remove .I have removed the triple seat ,motexion bulkhead ,side and roof panels and have the thick rubber floor to remove all immaculate and side and rear step to sell ,Is it better to sell them on a site like this or would it be better on ebay. It was all removed from a 2011 van with only 13000 miles on the clock so everything is in as new condition .We are getting it converted in three weeks time so cant wait as its a cracking van and well worth spending the money on its conversion .We stay in inverness and driving to minehead (585 miles) to get the conversion done ,As i was saying cant wait however not looking forward to the drive .Any advice would be much appreciated and hopefully i have posted this on the right area .
thanks in advance Beavis

·
Registered
22 Posts
It can be do but depends on if you have ramps etc. Iv recently fitted a tripple seat in to my van.
You will need to drop the Fuel tank, exhaust, discontect the hand brake cable and then drop the heat sheild.

Id be interested in the flooring if its from a LWB.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice i am hoping to do it this weekend .I am removing the floor this weekend and then away on holiday for a week i will get back in touch if you are still interested after i come back would you be interested in the rear and side step to suit the thick rubber floor ,I am open to offers .All the bits removed from this van are as close to new looking as you would get .I can send photos when i come back from holiday if you like and thanks again for usefull tips.
Beavis

1 - 6 of 6 Posts