VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm looking to buy a T4 that is either ready to convert or part converted - ideally a combi van. I'm doing the usual websites Ebay, Autotrader, Gumtree, Exchange & Mart (when the bloody site is working), Preloved and on here of course.

Can anyone point me in the right direction of other sites to consider please?
Downside is I can't drive around the country (the wife would only moan)so I'm limited to the Southeast.

They do seem to be few and far between - am I looking at the wrong time of year? Any buying advise would be gratefully recieved - the wifes got it into her head that we should all go camping but I don't do canvas, I'd prefer to sleep in a van (there's a bit more between me and nature that way!)

Thanks all
Dave

·
Registered
154 Posts
Thire are some nice vans on gumtree , if your going to sleep in your van get a long wheel bass , try and find a van that has v/good body work and if you can one with history ,

·
Registered
416 Posts
It's just a case of playing the waiting game. I looked for months and months before I found one.... in Essex as it goes.. I:

Your time will come.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All,

Thanks for your advice, Be careful if your looking on Gumtree, they have some dodgy adverts on there, someone knows what they are talking about when advert is put in then when you request more info its the old 'transfer the money into my account jobbie as I am currently working abroad' in the bad english you would expect.

And there was me thinking I was going to buy a T5 for a twenty quid...........LOL:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts