1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, Would like to fit some nice alloys to my T4
and would like any suggestions that would suit my van 15"or 16" 17"
Alloys and Tyres
Van has the original VW 15" steel wheels / 205x65x15 Tyres and VW Original trims which to me look outdated and not to keen on.
Do not want to lower the van. Any Photos of Alloys suggested would be nice.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Don't give the trims away. They are fetching good money on the bay of fleas.

Hard to advise about alloys as the choice is so personal.

Make sure they are properly load rated and the tyres too. Before you go for low profile tyres remember that low profile can contribute to a harsh ride.

I have refurbished original 15" VW alloys and went for a lot of rubber with 225 70 % profile. Very comfortable and deals with potholes.

Each to their own and I like the look.

·
Want Electrics? Go Wildebus!
8,271 Posts
I personally think the trims suit the vehicle well.
Big wheels will spoil both the look and the ride. 16" alloys would look nice but IMO would need something of the same time period.:)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Microbus and Hoovie I suppose I could get to like them more, but seeing all the nice looking alloys on the T4s on here, makes my van look pretty ordinary.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Imo i love the trims, bought tsw holstens for mine and I'm selling them as i actually prefer my trims lol. Lowered a bit it will look smart T: Or you could by some 18" tsw holstens??.. i know of a nice set for sale I: in which case i take back what i said.... :D lol

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Jaysurf, My problem is I cannot lower the van as I have a side lift, if the wheels filled the arches a bit more, then perhaps I would be pleased with the look. as looks sitting to high at the moment I suppose because of the 15" wheels.

·
Registered
254 Posts
IMO Bigger wheels will just make it look worse then mate i reckon, unless ur lowering when you've put them on? Stick with your trims they look really good on the t4s i reckon T: Nice van too btw:)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Jaysurf, Your probably right about the bigger wheels looking worse, I was also thinking the same thing, will probably get use to the trims, and instead of fitting alloys I could fit a nice new set of tyres. but not sure whether to go for 205x15 which are on now or 215x15 any thoughts on these then. :)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi Kenley, if you did decide to buy a set of alloys, take a look at the Wolfrace range. We have several designs in sizes 15" to 19" for the T4 - all have more than adequate weight loading T:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts