VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can any one help please???? What is the difference between a 2 pin and 4 pin intercooler and what does relate to???

I am looking at getting one but apparently need to know first.

My van is 88bhp 2.5 tdi, 2002, AJT engine. which one do I need?

cheers DaveT:

·
6,679 Posts
Hi there the above is correct.

2000 = 4 pin. easy way to check is to look at the intercooler and see if there is a vac pipe connected.

Regds.

Ron.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks chaps. Been reading all the threads on improving power, have already been de-catted with full stainless system, going to blank the egr, and if I fit an inter cooler will this make a difference?? Am i right in thinking that this will take it from 88 to 102??

cheers Dave

·
Registered
6,409 Posts
I did all of what you have said and it took me to 98.6bhp on the rolling road :) Your next step for major improvements will be 102 bodies & uprated injectors.....then the fun begins ;)

Chris :ILU:

·
6,679 Posts
There are many options for tuning.

One of the most popular is Project Power, the details of which are in the link in my signature.

It has been tried and tested for 3 years without a single complaint. Its robust reliable and I've had mine for 80K miles with no faults or drop in performance. What more the fule consumption either goes up or stays the same and you can drive up a big hill in fifth.

There are some fundamental differences between the 88 and 102 T4's, one of which being the injectors.

The 88 has stanadyne injectors and if you want to make it a 102 or beyond the rbest thing to do is project power.

Having said this the PP team are working on a half price solution for the 88 bhp T4.

See this thread.

http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=43763

Thanks.

Ron.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts