VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Open a drivers door and there should be a sticker on the left.

At the moment I run 215/65/R16 tires and the sticker states,

Front - 51 PSI
Rear - 54 PSI

Full load (9 Seats)

It all really depends on what purpose you'll be using your van and whether it's a full load or a "Comfort"

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Was 215/65/R16 fitted to the T4 by VW? :*
Is so the pressure corresponding to that tyre size would be found either on the mentioned sticker or in the owners handbook ;)

·
Registered
405 Posts
215/65r16 = T5 size?

Definately check what the stick on the door shut says, then get as close to this without exceeding the maximum inflation marked on the tyre sidewall. T:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for respond guys..
forgot to mention,van is T4 888special..
van is use for work purpose so i would say is half loaded all the time..wheels r german spec carravell 16"bbs and tyres sugested by vw 215/60/16 and 225/60/16.Sticker inside the van shows only 15" tyre pressure same as owners book.Just put set of nice micheline tyres so dont want them to go flat to quick.T:

·
Registered
405 Posts
50psi is the same in a 195/70r15 as it is in a 225/40r18.

The tyre pressure is there to support the weight of the vehicle, it does not change dramatically from one size to another, just from one model of vehicle to another.

Get as close as you can to the pressure stated on the door pillar (regardless of size), without exceeding the pressure marked on the sidewall of your tyres.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
50psi is the same in a 195/70r15 as it is in a 225/40r18.

The tyre pressure is there to support the weight of the vehicle, it does not change dramatically from one size to another, just from one model of vehicle to another.

Get as close as you can to the pressure stated on the door pillar (regardless of size), without exceeding the pressure marked on the sidewall of your tyres.
Thanks a lot bud..good pointT:

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
I know, that wasn't my point. My point was that it shows different size tires need different pressures for the same size van.

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
I know, that wasn't my point. My point was that it shows different size tires need different pressures for the same size van.
I agree
different size tyres require different pressures even on the same vehicle
because different tyre sizes react and carry loads differently

i will agree on one thing thats been said thou dont ever go over the max inflation indicated on the side wall .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts